Google Adsense
I have a few small websites and blogs where I have google adsense on them. I do not get a lot of traffic, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for when I do get traffic so that people will want to click on the ads. Such as ad placement, etc.
There are a couple of things you can do in order to increase conversion rates (the number of visitors who click) and revenue through adsense:

Check you keyword density. In order to display relevant advertisments, adsense scans your page to pick out the most used keywords. If you wish to get more visitors clicking, you need to get adsense to show ads they are interested in. Presumably, they are interested in the topic of your blog or site (or they wouldn't be surfing it), so try to increase the amount of times you use your 'keywords' in your text. Adsense would then display more relevant ads - that is, ads your visitors are more interested in.. and this would push them to click on them more.

There are many tools to check keyword density, especially on Search Engine Optimization sites (since high keyword density also helps with search engine rankings besides adsense). Here is a nice one:
http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/

Another thing you should do is make the ad fit into the site. Check your border colours if you are using text ads. I find that if and ad has a distinct border and seperate background colour, then users are more likely to just read over them.
Do not make your ads look like the typical 'adsense block', because people are getting used to seeing these and will just ignore them.

Have a look at this site that i've been working on and you will see some nice ways of integrating ads into your content: www.parishiltonphotos.us
Note that subtle adsense integration can often get more conversions than blatant and noticable adsense integration!

Hope that helps

Zach
Wow!! Thanks a lot. That is really a lot of information. I love the Paris Hilton site. I am a big fan of hers. I love how you put photos of her next to the adsense ads. It looks awesome. Thank you!
Yes, well done on the photo/ad inserts. Certainly leads your eye to the ads!
Yeah. I am still learning how to do all of this, but I thought it looked really hot.
On another way of checking key word density, which is especially good for bloggers is a free one called textal.com. It's one of the easier to use ones too.
Change your ad placement frequently.
Change your ad colors frequently.
Make your ads stand out.
Stick to the TOS Smile
Good advice. One of the problems I have with one blog is that it is on a blog site not a domain that I own. The traffic is great, but I have so little control over layout. Arggh.
if you're using a blogging site, eg blogger, wordpress, ms spaces, etc.
it's worth considering hosting it on yr own domain.
cos the PR and alexa that you build up is locked to the domain.

once you've built up critical mass, it can be difficult to migrate it.

if blogging is intended to be one of yr main streams of income, i might even suggest starting out on yr own blog.
there're quite a number of bloggers drawing five figure incomes from a single blog, through adsense, affiliate sales, link sales, etc.

it's more difficult if you're on blogger.com.
you do know you can host a blogger acct on yr own server, right?
(though the domain still remains abc.blogger.com...)

vicki2 Wrote:Good advice. One of the problems I have with one blog is that it is on a blog site not a domain that I own. The traffic is great, but I have so little control over layout. Arggh.
hi,
there're 2 components to adsense revenue:
1) traffic
2) clickthroughs

it sounds like you have a good hand on traffic, for clickthroughs, you need to have good ad blending techniques (i'm still working on that myself), and you might want to look at sites like mess.be and kloudiia.com which have blended their colors well.

i feel that blended ads work much better than ones that stick out.

when you logout of adsense, i think there's a Google Adsense optimization video you can check out.
also there're lots of resources out there like Joel Comm's adsense ebook, google also has an inside adsense mailing list/blog which addresses these issues.

good luck and have fun

angelbabyw2pointoh Wrote:I have a few small websites and blogs where I have google adsense on them. I do not get a lot of traffic, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for when I do get traffic so that people will want to click on the ads. Such as ad placement, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Google My Business? michaeltim 1 1,601 03-18-2021, 09:45 AM
Last Post: MilesWeb
  What is Google Sitelinks? MattHogan 0 1,650 03-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  Chikita, Adsense or Yahoo? echos 20 10,758 03-02-2018, 05:59 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  How Do PPC Helps In Google emphasizebpo 3 4,531 11-03-2017, 03:48 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Google's pay-per-clicks now free sandow35 1 4,718 08-04-2017, 02:42 AM
Last Post: shinjiru
  Adsense success penguinmama 4 4,588 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johnhood5678
  How to Use Yahoo Search Mktg & Google Ose 4 4,745 03-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Last Post: mikestenger
  Better Than ADSENSE Biz 57 26,082 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Valdeam
  Adsense Question Taggart 16 10,058 02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Biz
  is there good search engine for domain parking apart from google,and yahoo kuberan 1 3,688 12-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Last Post: zach