Social Network Marketing
What is the best social network marketing site? I know it depends on your website, you interests and all that. I was just wondering what are some favorites and why. Thanks.
I haven't been disciplined enough to really market as I should on social sites. I am sure that some of the webmaster oriented sites talk about the marketing possibilities, but I have yet to see any evidence that you can realize a good ROI without buying banner advertising.
As far as I know most of the social network marketing requires a good deal of money so you can buy banner ads like SageMother was saying. I'm not an expert on this topic but I've yet to read anything else that would suggest there is a good, practical, free version of doing this.
Hehe. Nobody is spanking you to make you market on social sites eh? LOL.

I know what you meant. I also, am not disciplined enough to keep up on new marketing tools online. It changes so much and I always wonder if it is worth the time. Of course things that truly do pay off probably get little press in the beginning as people want to keep it a secret. Wink

SageMother Wrote:I haven't been disciplined enough to really market as I should on social sites. I am sure that some of the webmaster oriented sites talk about the marketing possibilities, but I have yet to see any evidence that you can realize a good ROI without buying banner advertising.
I think it depends on your niche really. I've used forums to my advantage quite a lot, but places like Facebook don't do much for me....while others have the exact opposite success.
There was something on the news (in UK) this morning that some financial companies are in trouble because of the way they market on social networking sites. Apparently they have not taken account of their target audience and they have broken some of our regulations about marketing to young people.
I first thought this thread was about networking and promoting that way, rather than advertising on the sites.

I know someone who has hundreds of "friends" and plans to market a reggae CD in the future, using his list of people who've expressed an interest in that kind of music.
Forums are a really underrated 'social networking' tool. Even though they're not as purely aimed at the social aspect as sites like MySpace and Facebook they're extremely effective for getting your advertising across to the right market.
I agree about forums. I think any of the answer websites are a good way to promote also, that is if you answer questions that your site, blog, whatever relates to and add a link. That is the best networking tool I have found.
That's a really good one that I haven't tapped into yet either. Pretty much any service where you can learn more, educate others and promote your blog or site at the same time is a win/win situation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,334 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  double click marketing drnagwaniseo 3 2,192 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  Social Media Marketing Shortie861 8 4,695 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Email marketing Shortie861 6 4,239 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Do you social bookmark all your pages shakemelikeapig 4 8,057 05-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Hostingsafety
  MySpace for marketing? berlinlife06 60 27,161 09-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  Offline marketing strategies Shortie861 4 3,757 08-05-2016, 12:03 PM
  Blog Marketing Hoosierhunter 24 14,890 08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
  Marketing on Facebook? berlinlife06 37 18,462 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM
  Does marketing for forums work? Shortie861 2 3,682 06-08-2016, 06:18 AM