Question about blogs
I know I should probably "know" this by now, but I gotta ask. If you open your own blog, and I know here there are few bloggers, and the blog you open is for free, will they charge you if you place ads in your blog? How does it work? I tried once to open my own blog and felt I was not really able to do it, since I was not really inspired. So, how do you make money out of blogs, and how much are we talking about? Can you actually make a living out of blogs?
I really don`t think you can make a living from just blogs. And yes, there are places that let you put up banners etc. and they are free.
Some sites encourage the bloggers and others do not. I don't think you could make a living with it, though.
Grace Wrote:Some sites encourage the bloggers and others do not. I don't think you could make a living with it, though.

I agree, I doubt it you can make more that $100 a month with a blog, unless you are really famous and have people actually wanting to be there. I heard that Ariana Huffington was the first of the celebrities blogger who actually took advantage of advertising there. I have never visited her blog, but I read it at some gossip column long time ago!
She sure does do alot with her blog. She is so political though.
No. They wont charge for ads. but many free blog platform like wordpress.com wont allows you to put adsense on there blogs
echos Wrote:I really don`t think you can make a living from just blogs. And yes, there are places that let you put up banners etc. and they are free.

Yes you can! Darren Rowse earns thousands from blogging. Even Perez Hilton who blogs about celebrities earns more than a thousand per week from blogging. You just have to be extremely good OR interesting.
Sophie Wrote:Yes you can! Darren Rowse earns thousands from blogging. Even Perez Hilton who blogs about celebrities earns more than a thousand per week from blogging. You just have to be extremely good OR interesting.

I prefer to be both. It takes time and you really have to work at the marketing. blogging for profit means market market market in the beginning but it pays off.
Blogginsg best way to earn good money from it with lesser work on behind blogs. I am earing great money from it with 3 to 4 daily entry.Smile
Well, now I know! I finally started a blog, and they allowed me to put Adsense on it. It's not like its making "money" but I already made $1!!! lol! The thing is that I don't have that many visitors and it is very "specific" but we'll see how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical question berlinlife06 5 5,268 09-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Last Post: keith8385