Specific colours for specific genres
What are your thoughts on specific colours for specific genres of websites?

I have seen gaming related websites take on dark colour schemes and then general websites take on a more neutral white and grey colour scheme. I love to see any colours that work well together on a theme on a website as long as the colours don't clash but having colour schemes for different genres is always a good idea I feel.
Well depends, you can make it either somehow related to your theme or you can make it look good witha generic color. Nothing too bright or too dark is good.
I think this is entirely the owners choice. I myself always stick to neutral colours but I know people who enjoy using dark colours for as you stated gaming related websites which works I agree and is nice to see and even adult related websites it's always common to see them with dark themes.
Colors matters most while designing a website, but one important thing every designers and developer must consider is that user experience and their persona. Designing website using user's perspective make website more successive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing colours Shortie861 1 2,823 03-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Misti