Sites for clicking
aquariancore Wrote:The problem would be eased if the click ad had some kind of high profile name attached like St. Judes or such.

Probably that could be more of assurance... but it is one click, and I don´t think they are actually even making that much money. just my humble opinion
I agree Gigi, every little bit helps. I prefer it when my websites can pay for themselves...otherwise, really, what's the point?
Is there a way you can contact the place they are supposed to be giving the money to and ask them if they are indeed getting money from them? Are they charity "police" you can contact that checks out these places? like the BBB for companies?
Hurgoll Wrote:Is there a way you can contact the place they are supposed to be giving the money to and ask them if they are indeed getting money from them? Are they charity "police" you can contact that checks out these places? like the BBB for companies?

Actually I never thought of that, and I don't know if there is such thing as the BBB for websites. But who knows? There are many sites that rip off people collecting money in the name of victims or catastrophes...
I certainly like the concept of the site, but I agree that it would seem more likely to be real if there was a recognizable organization affiliated with it.

By the way, did anyone else notice the second last line on the bottom of the page?

It reads: "Funds are paid by CharityUSA.com, LLC. to the benefiting organization(s) in the form of a royalty payment. "
oh I hate clicking sites! they take forever to load if you're on dial-up!
I have read about these sites and they are often not completely on the up-and-up. They are for-profit sites, which I consider to be somewhat taking advantage of charities.
I too think ma ny people take advantage of the charities and they end up not sending the money promised. Many of the organizers of benefit events charge a lot of money to the charities, so the money collected is barely to cover the organizer's fees.
I wish I could think of the name, but I know one site had listed the amount of dollar donated to each charity and the amount of that dollar that really made it to the needy. I was shocked by some. Some had less than .10 cents on the dollar and some had around .80-.90 cents. Those I wouldn't mind giving money too.

I prefer to donate my time though when I can. I have helped out giving massages at charity run/walks/biking and such. I have helped at Wolf Park at Battleground. Cleaning the enclosures and such and helping with documenting behavioral traits. My reward there was playing with real wolf pup though, that made it worth all those cold morning and long nights, timing howls and such.
If the site is legitimate, there should be a page that revealing where the donations have gone and where you can contact the recipients for verification. With out that, I would simply skip the site and donate directly!