What hosting type should I go for ?
Hi,

I am looking for a web hosting solution for a musical community website that is currently under development. 

I suppose that shared web hosting is not an option for this project : it will notably allow users to upload their own songs and let the other users rate them - therefore, the users will download many bytes of data (not necessarily streamed, but it would be nice to have), and over time all the songs will take a lot of space on the server. 

Am I looking for a VPS here ? Or do I necessarily have to go for a dedicated server ? I will rent the web hosting myself, this means that I don't have alot of money to spend - up to 100€ per month (but a cheaper solution would be much better.. If it is possible).

Can you please point me to the right hosting type ? How much would such a project approximately cost per month ? 
This will never become a "mega website" due to the fact that the targeted community is quite underground, but I expect to have a few hundreds, or maybe a few thousand uploaders over time if everything goes well.. 

If I am indeed looking for a VPS, I suppose that thanks to the fact that no videos will be streamed or downloaded (only mp3's of about 2-4MB), I can choose the "lower-end" VPS offers. For example with hosting providers like "Siteground" you can choose between 6 different VPS configurations, I suppose that I can pick the first or the second but I'm not sure at all.

For More Details

animated drawing videos

Messages In This Thread
What hosting type should I go for ? - by Williamhawk - 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shear Your Knowledge About Features of VPS Hosting Williamhawk 1 1,950 01-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  How to check selected website use Shared host, VPS or Dedicated hosting? Williamhawk 0 1,663 12-13-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Reseller hosting accounts based on SSD? Williamhawk 0 1,623 12-05-2017, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk