New Kid On The Block
Hello,
I guess I am now the newest noobie to Domain Social. Just wanted to introduce myself and kind of give you a heads up on where I stand with domaining.

I got interested in domaining 3 or 4 months ago. At the time I currently owned 7 or 8 domains that I had registered for other businesses that I had tried (I have been trying to make money online for 6 years, and I think I may have made somewhere around $50). After getting interested in domaining (and I do mean interested - I love it) and buying a few ebooks and trying to learn the ropes, I parked these currently owned domains with sedo. Of course, I made nilch. I think I only got about 3 click thrus.

OK. I regrouped, realized I needed domains with organic traffic (which to my understanding is the ONLY traffic you can have with a parked page), purchased another ebook on domain parking, and went on the proverbial search for keyword rich domains that already have high search volume and little competition. I actually found quiet a few in my two favorite niches, with search volume from 20,000 and up per month. I registered these domains and immediately parked them.(I now own 21 domains) I parked some at whypark.com, some at parked.com and some at sedo.com. I researched the keywords I used and placed only the high traffic and high paying keywords for optimization.

I have gotten absolutley no traffic in the month that they have been parked. I have made 15 cents (one of my old domains) in a month. I don't know what I am doing wrong. How long does it take to actually see some traffic? What is an average income for a domain per month (I understand about the cpc, but I'm sure someone can give me a ballpark figure.) I am so discouraged that I am ready to sell out and try something new.

(Oh, by the way, they are all parked at sedo at this time)

Any input will be taken seriously.
Kateedyd

Messages In This Thread
New Kid On The Block - by Kateedyd - 09-13-2008, 12:48 PM
New Kid On The Block - by Kateedyd - 09-21-2008, 12:48 PM
New Kid On The Block - by Captain Dave - 09-27-2008, 04:17 AM
New Kid On The Block - by Kateedyd - 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM
New Kid On The Block - by Captain Dave - 10-01-2008, 04:57 AM
New Kid On The Block - by Jbielsa - 11-04-2008, 04:02 AM
New Kid On The Block - by mozart2 - 11-04-2008, 09:19 AM
New Kid On The Block - by mozart2 - 11-04-2008, 09:19 AM
New Kid On The Block - by iynee - 12-05-2011, 11:51 AM