Thomas Vanek Jersey
John Beilein says he was never offered the Detroit Pistons‘ coaching job.
”I never really had to make the decision Tim Schaller Jersey ,” the Michigan coach said. ”That would have been a tough one.”
Beilein is now looking ahead to another season of college basketball after briefly emerging as a candidate for the Pistons. Not long after the news broke about Beilein’s talks with Detroit, he said he’d be back at Michigan . The Pistons eventually hired Dwane Casey earlier this month.
On Tuesday, Beilein held a news conference to talk about the offseason. He led Michigan to the national title game this year before falling to Villanova, so the possibility of losing Beilein to the NBA was a jolt to Wolverines fans.
”I was not offered the job by the Pistons,” Beilein said. ”We certainly had some mutual interest. I think they had a great candidate in Dwane Casey.”
Beilein said he was intrigued by the possibility of coaching in the game’s top league.
”I love coaching basketball a lot, and you’re watching the NBA playoffs, and you’re seeing what guys are doing, and you’re looking, like, they’re running stuff that we run,” Beilein said. ”I don’t know if they watched us or I watched them. You can see Womens Pavel Buchnevich Jersey , boy, if you have really highly skilled players – (Boston Celtics coach) Brad Stevens kept telling me, `I’m having a blast.’ When you hear those words, and your season’s over – so that was appealing.”
With the Pistons’ search behind him, Beilein can prepare for the 2018-19 season with the Wolverines. Michigan announced Tuesday that the team will go on a tour of Spain from Aug. 17-26 that will include exhibition games.
The Wolverines lost star big man Moe Wagner early to the NBA, but some key players return from what was one of the best defensive teams in the nation. Charles Matthews, Zavier Simpson, Jordan Poole and Isaiah Livers will be joined by what is expected to be a strong group of new recruits.
So Beilein has plenty to look forward to at the college level, and he indicated there might not be any more flirtations with the NBA.
”I think that I ran that race, and you can’t run that race too many times,” he said. ”I don’t know what I would have done Ryan Suter Jersey , but I was really impressed with everybody in that organization, and I’ll be rooting for them like I always have.”
The other interesting bit of recent news that at least partially involved the Michigan basketball program was Chris Webber’s appearance with Wolverines football coach Jim Harbaugh on WTKA last week. Harbaugh asked Webber to be an honorary captain for the football team next season, and Webber sounded amenable to the idea.
A return to Ann Arbor by Webber – even if it’s for football – would be a big deal. He led the Michigan basketball team to the Final Four in 1992 and 1993, but a federal investigation revealed that a booster gave Webber and three other players more than $600,000 while they were student-athletes, and the NCAA forced the school to dissociate from them until 2013.
”There was five or six years where I was limited what I could say about that era. Since the ban’s been off, I’ve reached out to Chris several times,” Beilein said. ”I continue to do that, and we’re going to continue to try and build bridges and just really work at making sure there’s a lot of healing going forward. … I want every player that ever played here to feel like he’s a part of that building, including Chris and anyone else.”

Basketball has been part of Doris Burke’s life for as long as she can remember.
And it’s not going away anytime soon.
Burke and ESPN announced Monday they have agreed on a multi-year contract extension, one that will see her retaining her role as a full-time NBA game analyst as well as a reporter for the conference finals and NBA Finals. She has been with ESPN since 1991 Dustin Brown Jersey , not long after her playing career at Providence ended.
”It is hard to put into words how grateful I am to continue my career with ESPN,” Burke said. ”I’ve loved basketball my entire life and to be able to cover this sport is a privilege that I don’t take for granted. My love for the game, and for my colleagues, both in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes, make this job such a rewarding experience every day.”
Burke grew up in Manasquan, New Jersey, and can still recall how she used to run through some hedges – as if she was running out of the locker room – as a 7-year-old on her way onto the basketball court at a park near her home.
Now, 45 years later, she still has the same zest for the game.
”Doris is exceptional at what she does. Her ability, knowledge, passion and versatility are virtually unmatched and it’s evident every time she calls a game Thomas Vanek Jersey ,” said Connor Schell, ESPN’s executive vice president of content. ”She is dedicated to documenting the sport for the fans in the most prepared and informed manner possible. Our NBA coverage is better because of Doris and we’re thrilled that she’ll be with us for a long time to come.”
Burke has had a hand in virtually every level of ESPN basketball coverage over the years – including game and studio coverage for the NBA, WNBA, women’s college basketball and men’s college basketball.
At the start of this season, she became the first woman to have a regular, full-time national NBA game analyst role. Later this year, Burke will be honored by the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame as a recipient of the Curt Gowdy Media Award – honoring what the Hall said is her ”significant contribution to the game of basketball.”
”The company that I’ll keep now because of that … I’m pretty amazed by it to be perfectly honest with you,” Burke said. ”The game has been great to me. It continues to give and I’m kind of blown away by it.”

Pittsburgh Steelers Elite Jerseys

Messages In This Thread
Thomas Vanek Jersey - by douhua2233 - 09-28-2018, 02:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt Adams Jersey douhua2233 0 1,039 10-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: douhua2233
  Babe Ruth Jersey douhua2233 0 1,135 10-30-2018, 09:16 AM
  Dalton Pompey Jersey douhua2233 0 1,182 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM
  Authentic Benoit Pouliot Jersey douhua2233 0 1,142 10-30-2018, 08:59 AM