many spectators chose to put on the color of their home team
WASHINGTON, Nov. 20 (Xinhua) -- Washington woke early Friday in a light drizzle and facing the prospect of a new presidency which few deny will redefine the United States in the four years to come.

Most streets were closed in downtown Washington and intersections were lined up with buses, trucks and even humvees, as well as security personnel of all ranks and uniforms, to ensure that all goes along as planned at the inauguration of the 45th U.S. president.

Hard-core supporters defied the cold and rainy weather to show up at the U.S. Capitol as early as 5:30 a.m. EST (1030 GMT), eagerly waiting over six hours for the man they hope would bring jobs, wealth, safety and above all, greatness back to their country.

Like in a sports game, many spectators chose to put on the color of their home team, the Republican red, which was displayed on the popular "Make America Great Again" baseball hats or star-spangled scarfs.

Local media reported that just under 1 million were estimated to have attended the ceremony, about half the turnout at Barack Obama's inauguration.

Most of those who showed up to support Trump on the West front of the Capitol Building were white.

"The U.S. can use a businessman in the White House rather than a career politician," said Robert Scott, an aerospace industry worker from Dayton, Ohio. "Once people go to work, it will solve a lot of our problems."

Amid the fanfare that began around 9:30 a.m. EST (1430 GMT), Congress members, members of the incoming administration, Donald Trump's family, former U.S. presidents, and finally Trump himself appeared in front of the crowd, but to drastically different reactions from the mass.

In tier one was Trump, his family members and Vice President Mike Pence, then came former Republican President George W. Bush, who were welcomed by chants of "Trump" or "USA".

In contrast, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, who fought Trump bitterly in the most negative presidential race in modern history, only received a courteous round of applause at best.

The audience showed an unhidden disdain for Democrats, laughing when Hillary's face came on the big screen, and booing repeatedly when Chuck Schumer, the Senate minority leader, delivered his speech.

An elderly Trump supporter of Westchester County, New York, who identified herself as Susan, said she disliked Clinton, who lived "ten minutes away," because she didn't trust her.

The climax of the ceremony took place at a little past 11:30 a.m. EST (1630 GMT), when Trump came onto the balcony.

After taking the oath of office with his hand on a Bible used for the inauguration of the 16th U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Trump lashed out at the political establishment and vowed to give the power "back to the people."

"From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first," Trump said.

But as supporters cheered Trump's promise to "Hire American, Buy American," protesters were demonstrating just blocks away, smashing shop windows and burning trash cans.

The police said that 95 people were arrested as of 2:00 p.m. EST (1900 GMT), in a wave of violence that erupted near the White House, right after the end of the swearing-in ceremony.

Police used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse the protesters who hurled objects, including bottles and rocks, at them near the 12th and K streets, only blocks away from the White House.

Calvin, a graphic designer student from Baltimore, said he is against Trump's economic, racist and sexist policies, while Elise of California said she is against the militarization of the police.

But most of the protests across the capital, organized by anti-Trump groups including Disrupt J20, the ANSWER Coalition and Black Lives Matter, were peaceful amid heavy security.

In downtown Washington, about 28,000 security officials, including some 7,800 National Guard troops, were deployed to guard the checkpoints and the parade route.

Trump's promises received mix reviews in a divided nation. His supporters ask, why not give him a chance? While his opponents say his "America First" pledge is really just "Trump First."

CHANGSHA Wholesale Boston Celtics Jersey , Nov. 5 (Xinhua) -- Yang Yueqing can still recall her very first sight of "Olivia" three years ago.

"Olivia was in my arms, small, skinny and dying Wholesale Brooklyn Nets Jersey , staring blankly at the world," recalled the nurse. Born with cerebral palsy and heart disease,abandoned by her family Wholesale Charlotte Hornets Jersey , Olivia soon contracted pneumonia.

She was left at the No. 1 social welfare center in Changsha, capital of central China's Hunan province. Because of her poor health, she was sent to the Butterfly Children's Palliative Care Center.

In the past three years Wholesale Chicago Bulls Jersey , Olivia was declared to be in a critical condition more than 10 times, but Yang, never gave up on her. Two weeks ago Wholesale Cleveland Cavaliers Jersey , Olivia's gastric tube was removed, and she can finally eat and drink normally.

"I have no grandchildren, and Olivia is like my granddaughter Wholesale Dallas Mavericks Jersey ," Yang said. "I am very, very happy for her."

The Butterfly Center, founded by retired British nurse Lyn Gould Wholesale Denver Nuggets Jersey , is China's first center for children with incurable diseases. Gould, 66, told Xinhua that it had always been her dream to create such a center in China.

"I saw a movie when I was eight Wholesale Detroit Pistons Jersey , The Inn of the Sixth Happiness," she said. "It was about an English woman called Gladys Aylward who came to China in the early part of the 20th century, and started to care for children who had been left by the roadside or had no home."

Inspired by the movie Wholesale Golden State Warriors Jersey , Gould came to China when she was 45. "China was a very poor country then. I was scared, but I realized it was somewhere I could really do something."

With all her savings, Gould returned to China with her husband to set up the center in 2010. She named the center Butterfly Wholesale Houston Rockets Jersey , "because the butterfly. Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Authentic Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys Wholeasale   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Wholesale Jerseys Cheap   Wholesale Jerseys From China   Wholesale NHL Jerseys   Wholesale Football Jerseys

Messages In This Thread
many spectators chose to put on the color of their home team - by chitianshi520 - 01-11-2019, 02:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make each corner of your home worth using by servicing it chitianshi520 0 1,272 01-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: chitianshi520