Potential Legal Issues for Typo Squats?
I have been crunching on this problem a lot lately, and I have to think that registrars need to step up to the plate and think twice before allowing a typo squatter to purchase a domain, but the thing is there is a lot of gray area here. We have implications upon accusations, and overall a person who registers their personal name can still be considered a typo squatter if the wrong person is questioning motives. Part of me is concerned that the WWW is still a wild wild west, with so many variables to consider with discrepancies. Perhaps big businesses need to think farther ahead and reserve potential typos prior to getting started. If they do not do this, it is irresponsibility on their part as well unless they just didn't forsee it. Perhaps registrars could make suggestions as to which domains they might want to include to avoid it.

Messages In This Thread
Potential Legal Issues for Typo Squats? - by zach - 07-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Potential Legal Issues for Typo Squats? - by Hoosierhunter - 10-16-2006, 04:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good legal site hokeshel 10 9,484 08-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: agrajtech11
  Technical and Legal Aspects of the Trademark Game electric underfloor 0 2,933 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: