Automatically monitor error logs and send email for fatal errors
I use a variety of monitors to check for website uptime and server uptime e.g. uptime robot, monitis etc. These work great if e.g. server down or website 500 server error - or other network related issues where the server or site response is not pingable.

However, if a single website experiences a Fatal Error - for example, an automated software upgrade happens (e.g. a wordpress update) which then introduces a fatal error in the website code (e.g due to a plugin code conflict or similar) - leading to the White Screen of Death (WSOD) on the website, then none of these monitors will alert me - because technically, the site is still up and pingable. But of course, the site is not "up" on the front end and invariably, this will usually lead to a call or email from a client asking "why is my website offline?"

So - looking for suggestions please. What service / services exist for Apache or Linux - either via cPanel or other - that can monitor / scan e.g. the error_log for the various websites on the server and alert me if a fatal error shows up?

I have found this Wordpress plugin, but I really want to do this at the server level, not at individual level: wordpress.org/plugins/error-log-monitor/

I would love to install something at the server admin level - rather than at each individual website - however, I don't think website fatal errors show up in apache/logs/error_log - but they do of course, in the individual site error_log.

The closest I can find is a cron script - does anyone have any experience or luck with it? looklinux.com/cron-script-to-monitor-php-error-fatal-warning-and-notice-on-email/

I also found this one: octopussy.pm/

What about Nagios? Would that be able to achieve the above?

Regards,
Vamsi D
Medha Hosting
Cheap dedicated servers & Linux VPS Hosting

Messages In This Thread
Automatically monitor error logs and send email for fatal errors - by vamsi - 11-14-2017, 06:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple Method to Move Email Account From One cPanel to Another hostitsmart 0 313 09-19-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  Trace Email source solution you can suggest? Lougalvi 1 410 01-18-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mazepa
  Trying an email hosting Lobster 0 332 12-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Web Hosting How to Solve HTTP Protocol Errors ..? Williamhawk 1 1,226 02-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  Error Trying to Update WHM via ssh/and WHM itself vamsi 0 1,515 11-15-2017, 05:45 AM
Last Post: vamsi
  FTP system automatically delete .PHP vamsi 0 1,471 11-14-2017, 06:19 AM
  Error:DDNS server internal error, please contact your DDNS. vamsi 0 2,074 11-13-2017, 09:59 AM
  Domain name&web design&email service in China Conniezhang 2 3,857 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dzinternet
  having email account and changing dns tantaf 14 7,131 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Doctor Meroo