Moderator Election
Hi everybody

Domain Social is growing very fast and our growth is near exponential. The tasks relating to moderating the forum are growing and I am now looking for an extra-hand to keep things running smoothly.

The user selected as moderator will be able to:
  • help out and encourage our members
  • move threads into a new forum/section when they are posted in the wrong section
  • enforce community rules
  • greet new users
  • delete spam
  • and more things as they pop up
The goal is really to be constructive (helping out with mod authority) and not destructive (deleting posts; although mods can delete / edit any posts that infriges forum rules).

Since I want out community to be happy with the choice, I will make this into a kind of election. That is to say, I would like to hear who you would like as moderator. I will then appoint the member with the mosts support will become moderator.

Obviously, this is a voluntary position and the winning user will be asked for approval before they are selected.

So who would you like to see as a moderator? Note: you can also select yourself, but please tell us why you should be mod.

Thanks

Zach
I must vote for berlinlife.
He/she is a good poster I think. I am really impressed. His/her reply is totally clear . You can get what you actually want in her/his reply.
I would vote obviously myself if there is any incentives hehe.
deelip Wrote:I must vote for berlinlife.
He/she is a good poster I think. I am really impressed. His/her reply is totally clear . You can get what you actually want in her/his reply.
I would vote obviously myself if there is any incentives hehe.

Deelip, I am flattered you are naming me for this moderator thing, but I can't do it! First, I am still learning things, I am no expert! I can't actually give a solution since I am learning myself... and second, my partner thinks I already spend too much time doing other things than working on our proyect. So, thanks, but I cannot accept the nomination! Like the Golden Globes or the Oscars, it is an honor to be considered, but no thank you!
Everyone here seems to misunderstand Zach.

You do not need to have super knowledge of domaining to be a mod. The main requirement Imo is a willingness to help. Your knowledge of domains will grow much faster if you are a mod.

The reason why you do not need to be real learned in domaining is that is not the job of a mod. The job of a mod is to overseee the posts. Keep everything running smoothly. If someone is rude, warn them. Better yet interject how we are a community, all helping each other, so lets please keep the posts somewhat friendly.

If a post is in the wrong area, you ask the poster to move it, or your job is to move it yourself. Then make a comment that the post is in the wrong area.

If you accept the mod job, you will receive all the directions from Zach as to what the persons duty is.

So as you can see don't hold back because you think others have more domaining experience. If you think you have found the business you have always been looking for, then you will want to jump in and be in the thick of things.

No better way to do that than be a moderator. Why am I going out of my way encouraging someone here to take the job? Its because this is a great little forum. It has many members who are all trying to learn more and the communtiy is growing. Its growing because of Zach, and the members who are involved.

Also I think the mod has a cetain amount of respect that can only be had by being a mediator, and in that position you are doing something for this industry.

Roderick
Goodkarmaco:

Seems like you really know what is required for the job! I think you would do a great job as a moderator in this forum! So, I nominate you as a moderator. I still have to decline the suggestion made by deelip, because my partner is getting on my case already! And I don't think I really have the time. Besides, I'm starting a new job next week and I am not sure if I'll have enought time to visit here from time to time.

My vote goes for Goodkarmaco
Thks Berlin,

Very much appreciate your confidence in me.

I to am much to busy. I was actually asked. But I have many, many irons in the fire and am now standing knee deep in waters infested with gators.

You see, I have a commercial greenhouse business too, selling plants to stores, I own online plant stores,and I have a couple Ebay stores, selling about (100) items daily)!

Plus I manage personally over three hundred domian names and some of them are full blown websites.

Oh did I mentiion I do all of it myself! I need help too, (ok, you know what I mean)

Really though the person for this job needs to have at least a few minutes a day or every other day to check in here and keep things rolling smoothly.

Come on who is going to be the domain social hero?

Plant farm, purchase plants online, house plants, perennials, garden plants : Home
LOCAL MARKET

My Ebay store's are

addcat

goodkarmaco
Seems like no one wants to mod this forum. I think it's difficult to have a good mod that is really dedicated, I am a Mod in other forums (two others) I would like to join here too, but sorry I'm too busy.
Well, I read all of the posts and I hope you find a helper that is needed. The job is a big one, but some people make it look easy.
I think you should look for outside help. There are a number of sites I can think of...

adminfusion.com
adminseek.net
theadminzon.com
david47 Wrote:I think you should look for outside help. There are a number of sites I can think of...

adminfusion.com
adminseek.net
theadminzon.com

Hell, thanks for those links, I might use those links for myself!! THANKS!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome the New Moderator! Paul-B! zach 14 9,604 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Webmaster43