AdBrite
Anyone have any experience with AdBrite either as an advertiser or publisher? I have heard a lot about them recently, but am looking for some more informative insight before I jump in.
Like you, I've heard several people talking about Adbrite, but only know one person who is using them. Since I've heard no complaining, I'm assuming that it's a so far so good set up.
Hi, I am using them at the moment. Generally their requirements are much easier to get into compare to other "big" ads network like RealTech,Tribal,Casale...etc which would require certain minimum traffic and set a strict % of these traffic to be from selected countries only (eg 50% must be from US).

Adbrite actually works in 2 ways :-
1. Advertisers can purchse ads listing via Adbrite and publisher earn certain % for click thru.
2. If no advertisers buy ads for your site(s), Adbrite will display ads from their network ads inventory.

However, from my experience using Adbrite, their ads are not really matching my site like Adsense. The ads can be pretty different from the site's content. Thus, this could be the reason for low CTR too. Also to note, till date, the CPC earned under my account is way lower if compare to Adsense.

But if your site could attract advertiser to purchase ads listing, most likely you will be able to enjoy much higher CPC...of which I have no luck yet!Sad
I agree with llegent. Adbrite is built for advertisers to specifically select individual sites on which to display ads. If you own a very popular site like Ebaums World, or if you own a niche site, like HI5 or FaceBook, Adbrite is a much more profitable form of revenue than traditional PPC.

If you have a small site, you are probably going to have trouble finding ad partners. Adsense or Yahoo Publisher Network would probably work best to monetize the traffic that you have.
I saw a blog using adbrite the other day, and in order to get advertisers, the blogger was using a cool approach. It's a specific kind of blog dealing with a lot of social issues, so she's offering her commenters and others to advertise their cause for $1.50 per day in the adbrite boxes. So far, she's had some rather interesting ones, to say the least.
vicki2 Wrote:I saw a blog using adbrite the other day, and in order to get advertisers, the blogger was using a cool approach. It's a specific kind of blog dealing with a lot of social issues, so she's offering her commenters and others to advertise their cause for $1.50 per day in the adbrite boxes. So far, she's had some rather interesting ones, to say the least.

Very interesting approach. The one thing I have liked so far playing around with AdBrite is you do have control over who advertisers, so even if it is not a direct match you can still get some semi-relevant advertisers that your audience may be interested in checking out.
The fun part about adbrite is that the blog I'm referring to gets a lot of ads that only run for a few days. One woman ran an ad for a couple of days about how much she hated the boyfriend who dumped her. You get some cyber begging but if they're paying for the ad, who cares, and it can be something a little more unusual for a site.
I come across a social networking site that also using Adbrite :- blahblahbox.com . This site is like myspace. The owner is a young girl age 15years only!!:eek: According to the interviewed on her, she is not looking at big return at this moment, but foresee the potential in next few years time. In her adbrite ads, I see that most of the time, regular ads from Adbrite Inventory like the "Globe7", "Globe7 download" are running at her site.

But of course, after she get some publicity from her interviewing session with SitePoint (I think), the ads start to change to "other advertisers ads", although those regular ads still appear.
llegent Wrote:I come across a social networking site that also using Adbrite :- blahblahbox.com . This site is like myspace. The owner is a young girl age 15years only!!:eek: According to the interviewed on her, she is not looking at big return at this moment, but foresee the potential in next few years time. In her adbrite ads, I see that most of the time, regular ads from Adbrite Inventory like the "Globe7", "Globe7 download" are running at her site.

Amazing! It's hard to believe that a 15 year old made blahblahbox.com! It looks great, and it certainly looks very geared towards making revenue (despite her claims). Unless her parents are spending money on it, it looks like she has made a lot from it already, since she is giving away $500.

Publicity goes a long way! Look at the million dollar home page.. if that didn't get on the news, i doubt people would have paid for pixels. In any case, the news is a PPCers dream!
Not bad at all for a 15 year old, but when I went to the blog home page, I did have to laugh a little. All the ads were for health insurance, refinancing homes, credit reports and home improvements. Maybe 15 year olds are more advanced these days?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can show both Adsense and AdBrite on same site? zach 7 5,690 11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn