AdBrite
LOL. That is an amazing story. It is quite a leg up to establish a site like that at such a young age.

By the way my first 3 weeks of adbrite advertising is in and I ended up paying about 8 cents per click, but on the low end in some cases only 3cents per click.
triumph Wrote:LOL. That is an amazing story. It is quite a leg up to establish a site like that at such a young age.

By the way my first 3 weeks of adbrite advertising is in and I ended up paying about 8 cents per click, but on the low end in some cases only 3cents per click.

Thanks for the update. Did you get the type of visitors that you wanted (as in, did you get high conversions with your sales or registration)? I am trying to figure out which would be better to advertise on, adbrite or adwords, so I am interested in your experience.
I have been expirementing with both at the same time, and right now I am much happier with AdBrite. I am just going for registrations, I am not actually selling anything, nor do I even run any ads right now. I would say the targeted quality of the visitor is a bit less in Adbrite, potentially, but the value is higher.

I also can narrow it down. I have found the on-topic sites can deliver really well for a good cpc. If I get too broad or general, I tend to have lower relevancy and lower conversions.
Hi Vicki,
cool concept.

do you have the blog address?
i'm keen to check it out.

vicki2 Wrote:I saw a blog using adbrite the other day, and in order to get advertisers, the blogger was using a cool approach. It's a specific kind of blog dealing with a lot of social issues, so she's offering her commenters and others to advertise their cause for $1.50 per day in the adbrite boxes. So far, she's had some rather interesting ones, to say the least.
Andrew,

Went back to get the url for you but the site is now down. Not surprising, it was sort of a whim of a site trying all sorts of things and run by someone who tends to be a bit flakey.
At least, I learned a few things from it lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can show both Adsense and AdBrite on same site? zach 7 5,690 11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn