Anyone using Go Daddy as a Hosting company?
One of my friends is looking into getting Go Daddy as the web hosting for her new domain. She is developing the site, which is small enough and not too interactive. at least not as a start up. Is anyone here using GoDaddy as a host. I've heard very good things about them as Domain registration, but what about hosting company? All your opinions are greatly appreciated
[SIZE="3"]I am only using one free hosting from godaddy, they're very very very slow and high downtime. If you're using the free one they also put ads on you, If her domain is reg with godaddy don't use them as host.

There is a good host (Free) i'm using now 000webhost

Check out the template on my site http://www.Globalmook.com[/SIZE]
I have had 2 sites at GoDaddy, and I really do not recommend them.

The control panel is very limited and a lot of funtionality is missing. Because of the way that they set things up over there, it was not easy to transfer my site over to another host (which is a standard and easy procedure for hosts using CPanel or another standard interface, for instance). The support is slow and you have to get through multiple tiers before you get an answer.

They are a good domain company, but IMO a terrible host.
Takwa Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I am only using one free hosting from godaddy, they're very very very slow and high downtime. If you're using the free one they also put ads on you, If her domain is reg with godaddy don't use them as host.

There is a good host (Free) i'm using now 000webhost

Check out the template on my site http://www.Globalmook.com[/SIZE]

I have heard the same things about Godaddy. I have found Freewebs better as far as downtime and loading speed. I haven't seen anything in my WebCEO reports that would lead me to think that Freewebs doesn't provide better service.
Good to know! Which company would you recomend then? She is totally willing to pay for her hosting, because is some professional stuff. Her area is medicine, and doesn't have much of an idea of which hosting company to use.
If she want the site to be professional then her better pay for hosting as you don't want to have high down time

I will try bluehost as cheap as hostgater but I feel it's better
berlinlife06 Wrote:Good to know! Which company would you recomend then? She is totally willing to pay for her hosting, because is some professional stuff. Her area is medicine, and doesn't have much of an idea of which hosting company to use.

From what I have seem, Bluehost is a good option. It has a free page editor, but you download it onto your own machine. Freewebs also provides a page editor, but it is web based, which preserves the space on your machine.
Horrible customer service!!!
unfortunately idk
Some guy nailed it. They are a great domain company, but they are horrible for hosting. They're notorious for that.

However oddly I do hear of some people having great experiences with their hosting. I guess you'd have to try your luck.

Valdeam [Image: 08040837089cdf46631a10aca5258e16.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent server hosting perovider ... what's that? Vanio 0 6 1 hour ago
Last Post: Vanio
  Video hosting solutions? Lougalvi 6 114 2 hours ago
  Media Hosting with 24/7 support? Bileator 4 78 Yesterday, 06:46 PM
  Wordpress Hosting? Bileator 4 78 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
  Hosting for openCart commerce-based online shop? Glaceptra 1 48 03-21-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Video Site Hosting? MatterEnergy 5 58 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Need a new vps hosting Bileator 2 62 03-19-2024, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Cheap hosting solution? (requirements inside) Glaceptra 7 108 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Upiter
  phpBB forum hosting service? Bileator 8 114 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Cheap server hosting solution? (requirements inside) Bileator 7 110 03-07-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi