Catching "Niche Domains"?
Hi everyone. When it comes to domains catching, is anyone here specializes in a particular niche domain name? like speculation of niche markets or the domain?

Is catching such niche area for domain brings better return for you? rather than trying to catch any nice domain, what's the return rate for your "niche' domain?
In general, focusing on a niche is a good idea. If you are selling your domains, it will allow you to mantain a list of potential buyers. If you are developing your domains, you will know how things work in this area, what visitors are looking for, you will have content to publish, and a network of sites to interlink.

Yet like the monocultures of ancient egypt and those of the 18th century carribbean, you run the risk of losing all of your income if there is a depreciation in value of your niche or if a competitor with a tremendous budget decides to take to your niche.
One thing I have noticed is that those involved in "niche" trading have to REALLY be up to speed on what is most popular and be able to recognize these trends either ahead of the curve or at least jump on it quickly. Of course I think there will always be those that are trying to capture segments and lose their investments due to poor decision making. Being to specific can kill you too.
Can you give a list of examples for niche markets? Am I right to assume that if you're interested in Virtual Pets, for instance, that you'd try to select domain names based on twists of words in that area?
vicki2 Wrote:Can you give a list of examples for niche markets? Am I right to assume that if you're interested in Virtual Pets, for instance, that you'd try to select domain names based on twists of words in that area?

He means he would focus all of his sites on a single subject. To take your example, he might catch a domain on virtual pet accessories and another on a virtual pet fan sites, etc.
Ah, okay ...makes sense to batch names as I see how much time it would save trying to market them for sale ...same group of potential buyers.
emm...from your kind inputs, such niche targeting is also having its own risks and potentials too. Well, like every business venture, domains catching is truly just another "business" isn't it.Cool The more we specialize into it, and the more prune to market changes in our niche, I think we will be more likely to success.

Thanks for all your kind sharing guys.Smile
I rather like the idea as it is one which seems to go against the old adage of not putting all your eggs into one basket. Never liked that adage anyway LOL.
I have got a good idea for domain caching in a niche market. I do not really have any catching experience though. Where would be the best place to start, in order to get my feet wet?
maybe you want to check out overture.com and google search and figure out the R/S ratios?
the bigger the demand and smaller the supply, the better chance you have of building your niche.

triumph Wrote:I have got a good idea for domain caching in a niche market. I do not really have any catching experience though. Where would be the best place to start, in order to get my feet wet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,874 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,107 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,361 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,949 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,949 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,943 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,813 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,653 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,811 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Using free domains that come with free hosting Shortie861 1 2,658 03-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Misti