pages not getting indexed :(
Hi,

I have a site at COCOON.org
Site has many pages, flash, pics, animations and such (all unique contents).
Finally moved to first page (#8) for keyword "cocoon".

However...
It's been many months, but, google still have only 12 pages indexed Sad

Sitemap - already submitted.
Social bookmarked on many places.

Why isn't google indexing my pages?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
I'll take a quick look at your site..

ok, here's what I see:

First off, its a nice site.

Your site has a Page Rank of 0. Page rank directly correlates to the amount of pages indexed. Here at domain social, for instance, there are thousands of pages, and every time our page rank goes up, we get more results in google. I haven't been working on this as much as I should have, but getting PR is easy.. just but a high PR link which has little spread.

You have high density for cocoon (around 13%). That's good. I see you on page 2 on google for "cocoon". This is GOOD! Sure, you can and should do better... But for a PR0 site to be so high for such a massively competative keyword (over 11 million other sites), you've got to be doing something right.

How many months has it been?

I suggest you work on your page rank. The high your PR, the more time google will spend crawling your site, and the deeper it will go.

Also: images, flash animations, movies, audio, etc. is not spidered by google. Or rather, it is, but dosen't help your rankings, since google has no idea how to decode and understand it. I'm not saying that you should only design your site for search engines, but don't expect fancy animations to help your ranking or indexing.

Hope that helped

Zach
Thank you so much for your input.
I really appreciate it.

zach Wrote:I'll take a quick look at your site..

ok, here's what I see:

First off, its a nice site.

Your site has a Page Rank of 0. Page rank directly correlates to the amount of pages indexed. Here at domain social, for instance, there are thousands of pages, and every time our page rank goes up, we get more results in google. I haven't been working on this as much as I should have, but getting PR is easy.. just but a high PR link which has little spread.
Humm...
Not so sure about this Wink
InsideGPS.com - I uploaded site about 10 days ago and it has zero PR. It already has 44 pages indexed.
ButterflyZone.org - PR0 and started much later than Cocoon.org, but, 56 pages are indexed:confused:
SmokeCellar.com - again, uploaded site 10 days ago and has 17 pages indexed and it's PR0.
Qsoul.com with PR1 has 1,270 pages indexed.

So, I don't think it's caused by PR.

I don't mean to be rude.
I am just trying to figure out what's causing this problem.

Quote:You have high density for cocoon (around 13%). That's good. I see you on page 2 on google for "cocoon". This is GOOD! Sure, you can and should do better... But for a PR0 site to be so high for such a massively competative keyword (over 11 million other sites), you've got to be doing something right.

How many months has it been?

I suggest you work on your page rank. The high your PR, the more time google will spend crawling your site, and the deeper it will go.
Actually, domain had PR5 last year.
Early this year, I decided to redo the site and I made really dumb mistake.
I did not use 301 redirect Sad
So, domain got deindexed and lost PR while I was restarting the site.

I think March, I got the domain reindexed again, but, could not get PR5 back Sad

Google SE ranking -
It was #3 to #5 for "cocoon" last year.
Then, it wasn't even under 1,000 after restarted the site and crawled back
up again very slowly.
Three Month ago - #50+
Two Month ago - on third page.
One Month ago - on second page and moved up to current position.

Getting High PR backlinks - I am hoping I'll get some links from schools and teachers'
resource sites when school is open again. I know many students and teachers are
bookmarking the site (60% of visitors according to AwStat) as I received emails from them.

Quote:Also: images, flash animations, movies, audio, etc. is not spidered by google. Or rather, it is, but dosen't help your rankings, since google has no idea how to decode and understand it. I'm not saying that you should only design your site for search engines, but don't expect fancy animations to help your ranking or indexing.

Hope that helped

Zach
This is very true.
So, I tried to add tags, desc. and make keyword related file names where ever I can Wink

Again, Thank your for your insight Smile
Ardoris

First of all, you need to consider that page rank is a continuous scale, not a discrete one. What this means is that one page rank 0 site may have a page rank closer to 1 than to 0 (say, for instance, if it was really PR 0.9). Since page rank runs on an exponential scale, the difference between page rank grows as you move up the page rank scale.. or, more precisely, there are more values between page rank 1 and 2, than there are between 0 and 1. The page rank you see on the tool bar is purely a discrete approximation of a continuous scale.

With that in mind, it is possible that, even though the sites you mentioned have a page rank of 0, they may still have more page rank than you.

Check out this article about a discussion with a google employee:
http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3626600

Also, you need to consider the distribution of page rank on your site. You should always funnel page rank in a controlled manner. If google has to follow 10 internal links to get to your pages, and you have low pr, it probably won't go that far.

Anyway, how many pages are there on your site? I'm just interested in knowing how many pages are not getting indexed.

Again, in my opinion, you just need higher PR..

The good news is that you have a great site. I see a lot of bad sites, or Made for Adsense sites, and yours really stands out. It's clear that you've put a lot of work in it. Many parts of your site, such as the animation and coloring books, are link bait. These are going to get you organic links, and that = more PR, higher rankings, and (probably, as I said before) more indexed pages..

Zach
Well, I just want to ask a question, how do you check the keyword density?

anyone please
proson Wrote:Well, I just want to ask a question, how do you check the keyword density?

Here's a really simple tool:
http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

But this one's better (and more complex):
http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html

Zach
I think there are about 50 pages.
So, there are 38 pages not being indexed for long time Sad

Again, Thank you Smile

zach Wrote:Ardoris

First of all, you need to consider that page rank is a continuous scale, not a discrete one. What this means is that one page rank 0 site may have a page rank closer to 1 than to 0 (say, for instance, if it was really PR 0.9). Since page rank runs on an exponential scale, the difference between page rank grows as you move up the page rank scale.. or, more precisely, there are more values between page rank 1 and 2, than there are between 0 and 1. The page rank you see on the tool bar is purely a discrete approximation of a continuous scale.

With that in mind, it is possible that, even though the sites you mentioned have a page rank of 0, they may still have more page rank than you.

Check out this article about a discussion with a google employee:
http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3626600

Also, you need to consider the distribution of page rank on your site. You should always funnel page rank in a controlled manner. If google has to follow 10 internal links to get to your pages, and you have low pr, it probably won't go that far.

Anyway, how many pages are there on your site? I'm just interested in knowing how many pages are not getting indexed.

Again, in my opinion, you just need higher PR..

The good news is that you have a great site. I see a lot of bad sites, or Made for Adsense sites, and yours really stands out. It's clear that you've put a lot of work in it. Many parts of your site, such as the animation and coloring books, are link bait. These are going to get you organic links, and that = more PR, higher rankings, and (probably, as I said before) more indexed pages..

Zach
First thing the website looks good. if google doesn't indexing your page try to index it though google webmaster tools. It will definitely crawl very fast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I see what pages are indexed in Google? michaeltim 3 2,084 03-22-2018, 04:26 AM
Last Post: seoexploring
  Do you social bookmark all your pages shakemelikeapig 4 8,057 05-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Hostingsafety