Finding out about PR?
How do I find out about the page rank from google?
This is from Google:

Quote:PageRank Technology: PageRank performs an objective measurement of the importance of web pages by solving an equation of more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Instead of counting direct links, PageRank interprets a link from Page A to Page B as a vote for Page B by Page A. PageRank then assesses a page's importance by the number of votes it receives.

PageRank also considers the importance of each page that casts a vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value, thus giving the linked page greater value. Important pages receive a higher PageRank and appear at the top of the search results. Google's technology uses the collective intelligence of the web to determine a page's importance. There is no human involvement or manipulation of results, which is why users have come to trust Google as a source of objective information untainted by paid placement.
(source: http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html)

If you would like to find out the PR of a site, try:
http://livepr.raketforskning.com

That tool gets the PR at different data centres.

If that dosent answer your questions, what would you like to know specifically?
Thanks Zack.

I wanted to know what the PR system is all about and more importantly how it is arrived at.

What are the immediate financial benefits of having a high(er) PR?
I use PR to evaluate the credibility of a site. the higher the PR, generally the better credibility of a site.
PR is determined by links to the sites, and people are willing to point to useful and credible content.

high PRs may show higher in the organic Google SERPs (search engine results pages) and will translate into more visits to your site.

depends on how you are able to monetize the traffic, i'd expect that you could benefit financially if you have a sound business model in place.
Thanks alot mate. Im much more informed about PR now. I had an idea but its much clearer.
I use PR for the same reasons. It makes it easier to justify financing also if you have investors.
Lately, I have not been working too hard toward my own personal PR because I've been helping others with SEO articles, but in January, I will be getting a lot more serious about PR. That site is great.
I don't worry about PR anymore. Unless you are selling links based on PR, it has no real value. So I have other ways to make money, and none of them really relate to PR at all.

I have sites that get tons of traffic with low PR, and higher PR sites that get much less traffic.
I have been using google toolbar for quite a while now and it's giving me so pretty accurate info. So far it hasn't been wrong...
Nod. I'm not sure about PR. Some people use PR to wage whether a site is trustworthy. Others use it for, like you said, sales.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding directories for your genre's Shortie861 1 2,202 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Misti
  Word Finding Domain Name Script dude123221 0 2,646 05-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Last Post: dude123221