Free hosting vs Paid hosting.
I think you get what you pay for.. No fees usually mean poor customer service..but I got my forum set up free. and the person I emailed for help responded right awayWink
andreww38 Wrote:ya, my reseller accounts cost $4.95 a month and i can host a 100 sites at least.
no point to build yr PR and alexa at a free site, especially if you're serious about turning it into a business.

Oh man you are having very cheap (like free) reseller hosting plan, I'm paying 25 bucks for the same, would you pease tell me the site where you are having reseller account?
littlefranciscan Wrote:I think you get what you pay for.. No fees usually mean poor customer service..but I got my forum set up free. and the person I emailed for help responded right awayWink

I agree on getting what you pay for, but I guess you were also lucky to find a good response with your forum. But what would happen if the company all of a suden changed? or went out of business? what would you do with your forum? would it be easy to move to another hosting company?
Well I personally never paid for my hosting never did and I doubt that I will. Never had problems, changed my hosting several times but had no problems!
But you loose you site pr if your hosting goes down and you have to shift some other place, while having your own host and domain will safeguard your interests in long run.
For those who are big into developing and selling domains, it seems like free hosting is not the best, especially for PR.
Free hosting does not be lower quality service whatsoever. I currently have one of my sites hosted for free at ya-host.com. The provide live support and they reply to tickets quickly and efficiently. Plus they don't seem to play any ads on your site. You just get less functions in your cPanel and less space, limted databases and such. Not much harm if you can cope with it. :-)
Icetray Wrote:Free hosting does not be lower quality service whatsoever. I currently have one of my sites hosted for free at ya-host.com. The provide live support and they reply to tickets quickly and efficiently. Plus they don't seem to play any ads on your site. You just get less functions in your cPanel and less space, limted databases and such. Not much harm if you can cope with it. :-)

Its not a matter of quality my dear, its a matter of survival. where you go when they withhold their free hosting offer and what if they go offline instantly
I can see the upside and downside to having free hosting. Upside, it's free and the downside is if they go offline or start charging for hosting you have to decide to stay or go to a different host. If you can handle the possibility of changing hosts if something happens then free is going to work for you. If not, you may want to try a paid hosting site. Am I getting this picture painted correctly?
Well I like Paid hosting is better than Free hosting because in free web hosting you don't have much power on your site and not put your ads on the site. Also more downtime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent server hosting perovider ... what's that? Vanio 0 7 Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Vanio
  Video hosting solutions? Lougalvi 6 115 Yesterday, 05:52 PM
  Media Hosting with 24/7 support? Bileator 4 79 03-27-2024, 06:46 PM
  Wordpress Hosting? Bileator 4 80 03-27-2024, 05:38 PM
  Hosting for openCart commerce-based online shop? Glaceptra 1 48 03-21-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Video Site Hosting? MatterEnergy 5 58 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Need a new vps hosting Bileator 2 62 03-19-2024, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Cheap hosting solution? (requirements inside) Glaceptra 7 108 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Upiter
  phpBB forum hosting service? Bileator 8 114 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Cheap server hosting solution? (requirements inside) Bileator 7 110 03-07-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi