Free hosting vs Paid hosting.
Good point. It is a risk. That's why I try to make back up's as regular as possible. I also try to go with free hosts that provide paid plans as well. Either way, it's what you get for being cheap :-D
Yes you are right. Many free hosting site have good and cheap plans of hosting and you can offered them. You can also earn those money from Google ads and other Ad networks.
Yeah, no set up costs and you still generate revenue. What's the actually issue if they aren't as efficient as other hosts? :-)
There seems to be about an equal amount of people for each type. Interesting. I guess the upshot is, if you have a small site, go for free.
I agree with one of the posters above about tending not to take email from free accounts as seriously as paid accounts.

On the other hand, I have bookmarked free websites as favourites before without noticing.

For someone who has built a free site and wants to switch to a paid site, how well does automatic redirecting work. I've seen that while I was surfing before.
Paula62 Wrote:Thsi discussion has raised a question for me: If a site starts on a free service and changes hosts later, how would it lose traffic and ratings merely from a host switch? Or are you referring to free sites that do not operate off an individual domain name?

There are free host services that let you use your own registered domain, and others that give you a subdomain. Is the traffic issue related to both?

Again I am lost,

Why pay to host a site you are selling? Why pay a monthly fee when in 2 weeks it might be gone?

Hurgoll
Poll: How much you pay for Web Hosting? See results of poll and answer this question if you have your own site/blog. http://allhostinginfo.com/2007/11/02/how...eb-hosting
Hmmm I understand!!!
Its easy to get free hosting but free hosting will not provide you essential services but if you are beginner then you can select Free hosting. After getting some experience you can get paid services because only paid service can give you essential bandwidth and resources. By taking paid services you can get fast response from the server.
In case you're in the market for a suitable host for your site, you'll most likely ask yourself, "What's the contrasts among paid and free hosting?" The appropriate response relies on upon what it is you need from your site, and the feasible arrangements you have for it. Here are some primary focuses you might need to consider before settling on your decision.
Space Name Limitations
Developing Websites:
In the event that you anticipate developing your site sooner rather than later there is a hazard that you will exceed your free web hosting arrangement. There is a breaking point to the elements, stockpiling and memory your site gets on the free hosting arrangement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent server hosting perovider ... what's that? Vanio 0 6 3 hours ago
Last Post: Vanio
  Video hosting solutions? Lougalvi 6 114 3 hours ago
  Media Hosting with 24/7 support? Bileator 4 78 Yesterday, 06:46 PM
  Wordpress Hosting? Bileator 4 78 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
  Hosting for openCart commerce-based online shop? Glaceptra 1 48 03-21-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Video Site Hosting? MatterEnergy 5 58 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Need a new vps hosting Bileator 2 62 03-19-2024, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Cheap hosting solution? (requirements inside) Glaceptra 7 108 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Upiter
  phpBB forum hosting service? Bileator 8 114 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Cheap server hosting solution? (requirements inside) Bileator 7 110 03-07-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi