Guide to selling domains
In order to have a better chance of selling your domain you need to show that a potential buyer need your domain. You ned to generate an interest. Luckily, we have some things we can do to improve the interest.

Most buyers look at two things:
- The domain name.
- Traffic.

The domain name is fixed, we can't change that. Some domains generates more interest than others, the domain abc.com would be much better than woodenoakfurniture.co.uk.
Having said that, the domain name is not that crucial, I managed to sell a 14-character domain name with a hyphen at $100, so you can still make some nice money even if the domain name is not a niche domain name.

Which brings me on to the next subject, traffic. This was primarily why the domain went at the relative high price. The thing any webmaster wants more than a good domain name is traffic, therefore always provide stats from a reliable source. I generally accept the most popular stats services such as nedstats, extreme tracking and google analytics. Although I don't rule out services I don't know if they appear to be geniue.

You now have the basic layout of your sales speech, most buyers would be satisfied with knowing just this, but we're going to take it just a bit further. Because we know, that the one thing more interesting than traffic, is targeted traffic. Therefore I suggest your write a short description of what you used to have on the site, that way a buyer can see what sort of traffic he is dealing with.

It's important to note though, if it's not the right traffic he might not make a bid, but if it is the right traffic he'll go over the edge to make sure he gets it.

I hope I inspired you to write a proper sales speech, in the end it will benefit both you and the buyer.
I'm curious ...if you added up the time you spent on that domain prior to selling it, did the $100 sale make you any money? In other words, was the $100 worth the effort involved or did it just get you out of a domain name?
The $100 did definitly NOT pay for all the efforts I had made during the time I actually used the domain. But if you add in the stuff I learned about managing a site, programming, interaction with users, and the money I got from advertising. I'd say it was worth it, Had I spent the time on manual labour work I'd have made a ton more money.

But would I not have had my site? Never, I'm a programmer and developer, so the money from the domain was just an extra perk.
Thanks ...I can see where with your qualifications, it would be an added perk. For those of us who are not programmers or developers, but want to get into domains, it's a little different. But reading your experience is good ..thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,872 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,099 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,356 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
  Tips for domain selling zach 22 12,289 12-11-2017, 12:25 PM
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,945 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,944 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,937 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,807 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,650 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,803 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti