Harvesting for domains?
Is there any software out there where you could put in some names and it can find out what .tlds are taken with that word? Something that could do it in bulk. I would love to run over a lot of common .com domains and look for any .nets that are available etc.

Are there any tools like that?
If there is one, I'd love to know about it too! WOuld certainly beat the hours it takes of typing in and then refreshing.
hehee...here is the one I bumped into, but have yet really purchase any domain using the site. Normally I would conduct the research there, and registered the domains at godaddy.com . I feel safer doing the way, maybe just because I prefer godaddy. The site :- domainsbot.com Big Grin.

It actually don't take long to list out the result for your keyword searched. Most of the time I waited less than 5minutes, and i am on broadband.

If you catch a good name....donate to me??:p
if you're doing domain name searches, be sure to register them ASAP.
i am aware that some searches whether at a registrar or third party site are stored, and either the owners bulk register them or sell the list away.
so take heed.

i go to icann and do the searches there myself.
or ping the domain name from a command prompt window.
Yes, as Andrew said, there have been some complaints that people searching for unregistered domains on registrar sites have had their domains 'grabbed' by others. For instance, I think that GoDaddy saves your domain searches and makes them publically viewable to users seeking to register domains with similar keywords (these are just public allegations that have been stated in the domain community, and I am not sure how the godaddy script actually works). It's also a safe bet to assume that if a domain tool finds a good domain, it will report it to the tool author. In anycase, if you find a good domain, go ahead and reg it!

Thanks andrew for the tips on how to do safe searches, I never considered those before! Smile
Zach,
my pleasure.

i speak from experience having searched for andrewwee.com and doing nothing abt it.

3 guesses why my blog address is WhoIsAndrewWee.com now....
ha ha
(sigh....)

zach Wrote:Thanks andrew for the tips on how to do safe searches, I never considered those before! Smile
emm...seems those registrar are trying to maximize their profit !! I have doubt on them too:mad:. By the way, this is another tool that I use :- Domain Name Analyzer, it is free and download from iDotz.Net .

It connect to whois directly to search the domain whois data. It doesn't go thru any registrar when searching the record. So it's kind of "safe":p.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,863 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,094 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,342 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,937 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,939 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,933 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,801 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,639 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,791 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Using free domains that come with free hosting Shortie861 1 2,647 03-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Misti