How many do you own?
Just how many domains do you own? How many have you ever had total (and what happened to the others? did you sell them?)?
I currently own 88 domains

1 TM (Scary... bought this by accident)
2 Developed Site
21 to be sold (1 currently in ebay auction to try out)
and the rest are all parked and waiting to decide if I want to developed it or sell it

Hopefully I can buy 1 domain which helps me in my parking revenue and keep a few for 'capital gain'
I own around 300 - only 1 developed.... 20 planning on developing :p

sold quite a few domains, now i think i broke even
How do you decide which ones to sell and which ones should be developed or parked? equilec, I would be interested to know if you have any success selling your domain on ebay.
Takwa Wrote:I own around 300 - only 1 developed.... 20 planning on developing :p

sold quite a few domains, now i think i broke even

Thanks for the frank information. That sounds like a fair bit of experience there. Cool

Do you think the rest of the 300 that you own are good candidates for developing?
Wow. I am surprised at the high number that some people own. I thought it was cool that I have 30! I have a lot to learn...
I knew a guy that had 850 domains. Most of them parked and only 10 developed, but he sold many too. He was completely dedicated to buying and selling, and he has a partner for administering the whole thing.
jazzgrrl Wrote:Wow. I am surprised at the high number that some people own. I thought it was cool that I have 30! I have a lot to learn...

it is cool if your 30 domains is making u $$$

you can have 850 but if it does not make u $$$, it serves no purpose right?

850 * 7 = 5950!!

wow... annual cost...

i'm really worried about my 88 domain now... not too sure if i am able to support that next year
Oh, and to answer my own question, I only have less than 10. I'm not really big into the reselling and such yet because I end up becoming attached to my domains, lol.
justontime Wrote:How do you decide which ones to sell and which ones should be developed or parked? equilec, I would be interested to know if you have any success selling your domain on ebay.

Hmm... honestly I don't really know how I decide... I just go with the flow... which is bad. Any domain which I don't know how to develop if ever... I sell.... If I have the slightest idea of what I can do with a domain, I keep and park the domain until I have the time.

If domain that has good traffic but no idea what to do with it... Of course I sell it.

I need to sell some of my domain so that I have some cash to buy good and better domains, that is what it is all about isn't it? Hope this works out for me....

As for ebay, I just listed one for sale which is still active. 4 more days before it ends. I just want to see how ebay works. Yes, I am also a newbie with ebay.... Smile I read about this in Domain Into Dollars about flipping domains in ebay... So just trying out one sale on ebay.

Will keep you posted on how well I did on this list. Not too sure if this will be considered advertisement. But... you can look and watch my list at ebay under domain name > .com I have listed my domain under the same username equilec.

Then maybe you will see when it ends if I did good or not.... hehe