Is anyone an Amazon.com affiliate?
I'm curious to know if there' anyone here who is working with Amazon.com as an affiliate. I've heard that they are not as good to work with, even though what I read on the website sounds interesting. Anyone with first hand experience??
I have several Associate Storefronts and have had a grand total of one sale, not too impressive. I probably don't promote them as vigorously as I should.

The good thing about hem is you don't have to have your own website as the store can be free standing. all you need is the link.

The best way to promote is probably through a blog, where you can choose products in your store as subjects for articles.
tater03 Wrote:I have heard about this but have never known anyone that has actually done it until now. It sounds like something worth looking into more just to see how others are doing at it.

Stocking the store is fairly simple. You can allow Amazon to choose your products for you, which isn't the best method, or you can choose products for your store.

I choose my products because I don't want electronics thrown in with my books and spa items.
I have an affiliate account with Amazon and haven't had any sales but this is most likely due to low traffic. I think it has the potential to be really good though for a lot of blogs and it could end up working really well for high-traffic blogs.
There may be an upturn in sales as, due to gas prices and other factors, people stay at home more in the summer months. Usually, the warmer months are pretty dead, but I bet they won't drop as much as they have in the past!
I think I would have them as affiliate and then ask my friends that if they are buying at Amazon, then they shopuld enter throuh my website. I guess that's not illegal... is it?
I don't believe it would be. To be honest I was thinking of doing that as well. Probably as far as Amazon is concerned, if you're steering sales toward them then both of you deserve to win in that sense. It's essentially the same as being a salesman and receiving commission. Does anyone know for sure that this is okay to do?
I thought that if there was some extreme things, like what people do with google, for example, then it would be a problem, but with Amazon, if everything converts into a sale and you get commision, I don't see it illegal.
berlinlife06 Wrote:I thought that if there was some extreme things, like what people do with google, for example, then it would be a problem, but with Amazon, if everything converts into a sale and you get commision, I don't see it illegal.

Amazon doesn't have that heavy greed factor that people find with Google, and Amazon wants sales to be as easy as possible. Their closest competitor is Ebay, which is throwing away a lot of loyal entrepreneurs by raising their fees again, encouraging other auction sites to spring up!
It really depends on how you go about it whether this is profitable or not. It's really quite interesting how annoying it can be to visitors if you're site is hocking off amazing products. I know I dislike it for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profitable affiliate prpogram. Lobster 0 3,692 06-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Your preferred Affiliate Program? Shortie861 4 4,046 11-07-2017, 04:23 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
Big Grin MilesWeb Affiliate Program Review MilesWeb 0 2,302 05-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: MilesWeb
  Poker affiliate programs Shortie861 1 2,727 03-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Misti
  First affiliate program you used? Shortie861 1 2,989 03-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Misti
  First Affiliate Sale Shortie861 0 2,334 03-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Bad experiences of affiliate programs Shortie861 0 2,459 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Cash and Pay-per-click Affiliate Programs host3t.net 1 3,167 08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Last Post: kahran
  Affiliate Program FoundDomain.com seek99 0 3,661 06-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Last Post: seek99
  Attn: Affiliate Marketing Newcomers DavidJames 0 3,355 12-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Last Post: DavidJames