Is it worth to register 'series' fo domains?
I was talking to a friend about the website that we are developing and he suggested that we register right now the 'series' of domains. I have no idea if that is the right term, since he is German and explained it to me a bit. But for example, if the domain were to be "IloveNewYork.com" he insisted that we buy also "IloveLosAngeles.com" "IloveSanFrancisco.com" "IloveChicago.com" and so on, to at least cover the most popular cities with the same domain. Is that worth it? Anyone with similar experiences?
I think it's more worth it to buy more extensions. Like .com, .net, .org, and if you can .info or .us. Some bigger websites are buying these now related to their domain.
-thoma- Wrote:I think it's more worth it to buy more extensions. Like .com, .net, .org, and if you can .info or .us. Some bigger websites are buying these now related to their domain.

Yes, That is what we are doing, but since our website is city specific, we thought that we should buy as well the same domains for other cities too, so we can develope them or sell them, depending on the success of the initial page. I am not sure if the investment is really worth yet... we'll see. Thanks for your suggestion!
Hmm...I think you have to test first. Try one or two sites first. Then if you're successful you can buy all the rest.
Well I think that you have to test it first, but well don't make it too public as other people might try your idea and make more money than you with your idea! I think it's worth it though.
if u are serious about your business , then buy all the TLDs of that name but go on buying series of domain with similar name. that will cost a lot and will be of no use if u dont intend to make a site on that
Updates? I'd like to know what happened.
Yup I saw this when I first registered here, then I was off for a couple of days and now back on. But since no updates! What did you do? did you buy these?
tcm9669 Wrote:Well I think that you have to test it first, but well don't make it too public as other people might try your idea and make more money than you with your idea! I think it's worth it though.

I agree, test it out first, if you just buy a series of domains, you may just waste a hundread bucks or more. Give it a go 1st, get the idea of what your going to do exactly, and see how people respond in traffic, sales, etc.
Doesn't anyone build up domains to sell them anymore?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,862 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,094 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,337 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Why register a domain? Williamhawk 0 2,068 11-15-2017, 05:35 AM
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,936 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,939 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,932 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,799 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,637 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,791 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti