Microsoft does not own Zune.Com
It is really weird, but apparently Microsoft neither owned nor tried to get Zune.com before announcing the Zune. The official site will be Zune.net. That is just crazy. How could they possibly let that happen?
It's happened before. Look at nissan and adsense.

The former eventually took it to Court. The latter so far hasn't chosen to do
the same and is doing more productive stuff. Wink

We'll see in the coming weeks what else Microsoft will do about this.
Yeah but it is one thing to have it happen before, it should not happen now. Why did someone else register zune other than it being a 4 letter .com name? Seems like they could have gotten it for a small fee through a third party broker.
Wow. I have to agree that was definitely a slip up on someone's part.
triumph Wrote:Yeah but it is one thing to have it happen before, it should not happen now. Why did someone else register zune other than it being a 4 letter .com name? Seems like they could have gotten it for a small fee through a third party broker.

Hoosierhunter Wrote:Wow. I have to agree that was definitely a slip up on someone's part.

Zune.com has been registered since 1998. It's possible MS didn't think of
that name until maybe the past year or so.

It's also possible MS tried to buy it through a 3rd party broker. And it's yet
also possible the registrant found out and decided to hold on to it to cash in.

And it's even yet also possible someone slipped up.

Point is, lots of possibilities. We will never really know.

Anyway, we're just stating our opinions here. Big Grin
Wow, this is certainly interesting. But you cannot expect anyone to be perfect, there will always someone ahead of the game. Can't wait to see what Microsoft has in stored. Big Grin
Well if someone had it since 1998 that makes sense. Although it seems like that Microsoft still could have gotten it for a xx,xxx sum if they went about it the right way.
triumph Wrote:Well if someone had it since 1998 that makes sense. Although it seems like that Microsoft still could have gotten it for a xx,xxx sum if they went about it the right way.

IIRC, the Japanese car maker offered to buy Nissan.com from its registrant
for almost 6-figures. But Mr. Nissan turned it down for whatever reason.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Like many things in life, there are no right or wrong ways until you decide to
judge them as such before or after it's done.
Well since it's been registered so long, it would be interesting to know for what reasons the registrant chose that name. The term "great minds think alike" seems to be apropriate here.
I just got a secret e-mail through Network Solutions to purchase one of my domains, for a very cheap price. I am tempted to just send them back a ridiculous request for an amount it would take for me to sell it.

The domain is not that great, but it is short, and a .com, and has significance for me, as it is my oldest domain and I like it. So I would sell it, but it would have to be more than the few hundred dollars being offered.

So should I ignore the offer, or counter with $20,000?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The MCITP exam carried out by Microsoft to subsequently chitianshi520 0 1,100 01-30-2019, 01:57 AM
Last Post: chitianshi520
  Microsoft Upgrades Global Technical Support Center In China--Shanghai NET Network Ser WebGuru8 0 2,315 12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Last Post: WebGuru8