Multiple language content?
Since I am perfectly bilingual, I was thinking how much would it benefit me if I were to develop a website in 2 languages, without using the "translation" features that I've seen in Google, for example, because they are never really accurate when translations are done by computer. Maybe even having both languages on the same page instead of having a different one? Anyone has experience with this? The website we are developing is German all the way since it is city oriented. But as always, I am curious to know!
Well in my opinion you should promote the user with the 2 languages and then he chooses! I too don't like the translation thing, not accurate!
I think if you are going to make your site accessible in two languages you should allow the user to choose the language. I think it would be irritating to have two languages on one page, I don't want to have to search to find my language and read.
the best thing is to offer the user a choice to select language before going to explore the site, you can offer languages link as in oscommerce or other ecommerce scripts.
Ladybecklyn Wrote:I think if you are going to make your site accessible in two languages you should allow the user to choose the language. I think it would be irritating to have two languages on one page, I don't want to have to search to find my language and read.
I agree that what you would have is a landing page the surfer can choose from.
Yes you should make your site accessible different language. So visitor free to go any language.
Rohitpatel Wrote:Yes you should make your site accessible different language. So visitor free to go any language.

I explored that and there are too many translation problems especially with the Depression Awareness site. Since I am only fluent in two languages, English and Divorce, it's best to play it safe.
Yes sometimes it creat problems. Well I know only one international language,so more problem for me.
aquariancore Wrote:I explored that and there are too many translation problems especially with the Depression Awareness site. Since I am only fluent in two languages, English and Divorce, it's best to play it safe.

LOL!!! Are you thinking of publishing a Divorce Diccionary? I think many would pay some money for it. I even know of three possible clients, so let me know and I'll direct them to your site. LOL!
Unfortunately, divorce is popular and has a very high rate of it here. To me, it would be too much trouble!! But I would welcome any dictionary.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RDS configuration on multiple instances shakemelikeapig 0 2,554 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: