Oops...
Hello,

I just realized I made a mistake. Hopefully this doesn't get me into trouble, but I listed my domain names with sedo and tdnam. I didn't know I couldn't do this. I can cancel the TDNAM, but I spent $20 on a better spot on their webpage.

How long does sedo auctions usually last? The TDNAM auctions last up to 90 days.
David,

You should only auction the same domain at a single place at a time. The reason is simple: if you reach your selling conditions on both, then you have two buyers who will pay you for a single name. Well, that's the good part. The bad part is that you have to transfer it to both buyers, which is not possible.

If you have set a reserve on your domain that you don't expect to hit, then don't worry. But I would advise you not to do it again Smile

Zach
Opps, didn't see the last part of your question.

Sedo auctions last a week.

If you already have a bit on the domain before going to auction, that bid is used as the reserve for the auction and if no other bids are recieved, that bid is considered the closing bid.
I know. I feel so silly. I cancelled the auction on TDNAM and ate the $20. It's better to be safe than sorry. There is a ebook that I bought on ebay awhile back and it says to place your auction in multiple places. I should of looked into it before actually doing it.

I emailed TDNAM to see if I can get refunded, but there was nothing they could do...
David, what's the name of that ebook? Because that is ludicrous advice...

I'm very careful to include accurate advice in The Domain eBook, and I would be interested in knowing what the name of the ebook that you got is.
Not too sure. When I get home, I'll get the name of the ebook that I found it on...
I'm looking in that domain book I bought awhile back and I can't find where it said I can post multiple auctions. I wonder where I read that then? It must of been the internet, or either that I'm losing my mind. I think I better go look for my mind now...
DavidJames Wrote:I'm looking in that domain book I bought awhile back and I can't find where it said I can post multiple auctions. I wonder where I read that then? It must of been the internet, or either that I'm losing my mind. I think I better go look for my mind now...

Don't worry, I think I read the same advice when I first started. What they are not making clear in the old books is that they say you should LIST in multiple places, not in Multiple AUCTIONS. You can say you want to sell the domain in many places, you just cannot run it for sale in more than one auction.

That confused me also in the start.
I think I read somewhere that you should list the domain in different places, but not in different auctions. That could mean you are commiting a felony of sorts, because you are selling the same thing to 2 or 3 people at the same time... and under some commerce code, that is penalized.
auctions? you can sell them at auctions? Where does this happen? online? can anyone sell? is there a fee? info please. Smile