Reserving your name
Is it likely that at some point, every person will have to have their own website? Will domain names be owned at that point - can someone really buy up everyone's name?
wondering Wrote:Is it likely that at some point, every person will have to have their own website? Will domain names be owned at that point - can someone really buy up everyone's name?

Nope. Nope.

My wife and daughter don't have their domain names and websites yet.
wondering Wrote:Is it likely that at some point, every person will have to have their own website?

What are you thinking? That there might come a time when a government would mandate that everyone have his or her own website? Seems unlikely. What would be the point?
A lot of people have their own email address.. Having a domain is a great way to get an easy method for people to access your data, files, etc. I can see a large proportion of the population having their own domain.
Good point Zach. I really can see this happening in the future. Echos
It is an interesting idea. I can't see this being an immediate need for most individuals but I do see some benefit to possible buying my children's domains now for when they are President. (Smiles to self).
I don't think so. I can't imagine being required to have it through governmrnt and too many people like their privacy to do it voluntarily.
scalamedia Wrote:I can't see this being an immediate need for most individuals

Which is why I currently haven't registered those of my wife and daughter. I
can do so in the future if such a need arises by then.

Certainly one can register them before I do. But that's if they know who they
are. Big Grin
I think it starts at sleep away camp and then before you know it you grow up with you name on everything.
Well every one has a email addy because thats what they choose to have. Its not something that has been forced upon. I mean my mail man still runs so I'm sure that is everywhere. But why have a website unless you are running a business.