Role of PSD
I wonder what PSD files play a role in designing a site, i'm not a designer so i always things that what they do with those PSD files?
What is a PSD file?
it is a photoshop file extension used for graphic designing, but I wonder what is the connection and use of it in web site design?
They PSD files are useful if your client want to edit his site later on and if he does not want to hire you/wants to do it himself or even if he has another designer with him. Without the PSD files, editing would just be more difficult.

@ Lady:
PSD files is a format that you can use to save your artwork. it allows you to easily edit your artwork again later.
No I mean how one can use PSD files In html? while designing site
uhhh You dont use PSDs in html...

You use the PSDs to edit graphics in photoshop, then you render those graphics (save as) to an image file, and then you include thoes IMAGES in your site.

Photoshop is a great program for site graphics (such as headers). It's what was used for domain social if anyone is wondering.

Zach
I understand what PSD files are now. Thanks. I use them...lol. I didn't realize they were called that.
You have to slice up the template and edit it in Dreamweaver. You can add links and content and stuff. :-)
zach Wrote:uhhh You dont use PSDs in html...

You use the PSDs to edit graphics in photoshop, then you render those graphics (save as) to an image file, and then you include thoes IMAGES in your site.

Photoshop is a great program for site graphics (such as headers). It's what was used for domain social if anyone is wondering.

Zach

hmmm, so that is the use of PSD in web designing.

I always wonder why designers ask for PSD's before taking any orders and why they focus all the work to design psd files
To add to the PSD package the upgrade will include 3D.