But for Yoshida, a graduate from the prestigious Meiji
TOKYO Nike Air Vapormax 97 Femme Pas Cher , July 18 (Xinhua) -- "It was supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life, a period I wanted to cherish, but when I told my colleagues and seniors at work I was pregnant my life became a living nightmare. I was regularly on the receiving end of inappropriate comments about my sex life, forced to be around smokers and was given a working week that was longer and physically harder."

So recalls Manami Yoshida, 38, a former employee of a notable consumer finance company headquartered in Shinagawa, a modern business hub in Tokyo, adding that since she was forced to quit job Nike Air Vapormax 97 Homme Pas Cher , she has found out that such cases of maternity harassment ( known colloquially as "matahara" in Japanese) continue to be the rule and not the exception for many pregnant women working in Japan.

In fact, according to the latest statistics and despite pledges from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to address such a deeply entrenched malignant chauvinism at workplace, with the ruling party leader going as far as to launch Womenomics initiative of ensuring more women joined the workforce and stayed in it after motherhood, aided by more daycare facilities for babies and toddlers, and calls to smash Japan's well-known glass ceiling, which has historically prevented women from climbing the ranks to management and executive positions in companies, the problem, like cancer www.airvapormax97.fr , is spreading.

According to a survey released on July 8 by insurance consulting and brokerage services firm IRRC Corp. here, one in six women had experienced maternity harassment while working, with 16 percent saying they had suffered harassment from their colleagues or bosses directly related to the fact that they were pregnant. Some of the most derogatory remarks made to the pregnant women, according to the recent study, were that the women should simply be fired for being pregnant.

Yoshida said to avoid the latter scenario, which is an actuality in many cases and not a benign threat of some kind, specifically switched jobs in her mid-thirties, from a more traditional company involved in providing third party technical support to vendors and customers of a renowned PC maker here Nike Air Vapormax 97 Pas Cher , because she had decided along with her husband that she wanted to start a family, but knew that working for a company with such an old-fashioned, patriarchal corporate culture would mean she would be expected to quit early on in her pregnancy and could easily be coerced into doing so.

"I'd heard of the expression "matahara" in the news, but I never expected I would become a victim of it and by changing companies I thought I had guaranteed myself the opportunity to have both a family and a career, as my former company, ostensibly, is modern and known the world over," Yoshida told Xinhua in an interview Nike Vapormax 97 Pas Cher , just a stone's throw away from her former office.

"Within my social sphere my female friends had mostly quit their jobs when they became pregnant and the majority of them were content to be housewives, as their husbands' income was sufficient enough for them to not be earning, but for me it was different, we needed a double income as I suppose many families do, especially when factoring in future education costs, possibly times two if we decided to have a second child," she said.

But for Yoshida, a graduate from the prestigious Meiji Gakuin University in Tokyo Nike Air Max 97 OG QS Metallic Or Pas Cher , with an upper intermediate command of English, quitting was not an option, both for financial reasons and because she'd felt both studied and worked hard enough since graduating to deserve to keep her career and not give up her dream of becoming a mother, hence the switch to a company she thought would support her.

However, her pregnancy brought with it a deluge of derogatory comments, snide as well as outright churlish behavior towards her, and led to an overall negatively-charged, harassment-fueled atmosphere in her workplace that eventually forced her to quit Nike Air Max 97 OG Silver Bullet Pas Cher , for the sake of both her physical and mental health.

"The day I told my boss I was three-months pregnant he laughed at me, frowned and then asked inexplicably when was the last time my husband and I had had sex, this line of questioning alone was nothing short of a combination of both sexual and maternal harassment. He then went on a rant about what a nuisance pregnant women were in the workplace as well as at home, because at night they were, 'good for nothing' and just lay in bed 'looking like grotesque beached whales,'" recounted Yoshida.

Sayuri Arakawa, 29, concurred during the same interview with Xinhua that her experiences of maternal harassment were remarkably similar to those of Yoshida. With six-month-old baby in tow Nike Air Max 97 Ultra '17 Noir Pas Cher , the former cosmetics retailer said her human resources department told her in no uncertain terms that it would be "unsightly" for a pregnant woman to be promoting beauty products to the public and could result in a plunge in sales.

"I honestly thought things were changing in Japan. I believed the government when they said that things are going to be better for working women and working mothers in Japan, but like so many others, as soon as I announced I was pregnant, the bullying began and while it was subtle, it was relentless and finally I had to quit, I was given no choice," Arakawa recalled.

"I asked my boss if I could work slightly less hours the more pregnant I became, or more accurately Nike Air Max 97 UL '17 SE Noir Pas Cher , I didn't want to do any overtime as I was exhausted and was worried about the health of my baby. My boss said he'd taken it up with his seniors and the request was flatly rejected. Not only that, a week or so later my hours were extended and I was asked to do a double-shift every other weekend, it was more than I could handle," Arakawa blurted, half angry, half utterly upset, to the point she needed consoling from Yoshida, a kindred spirit Femme Nike Air VaporMax Triple Pink Rose Pas Cher , and had to pause the interview.

When Arakawa regained her composure, she talked with great pride of the time she was ac
No investme. Soccer Jerseys For Cheap   MLB Jerseys China   NHL Jerseys From China   NFL Jerseys From China   College Jerseys From China   NBA Jerseys Online   Soccer Jerseys Online   College Jerseys From China   MLB Jerseys Online   New NHL Jerseys Cheap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  buy a personal statement paper to get into graduate school MarcoNus 0 1,710 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: MarcoNus
  sample essay for graduate school admission Marcusneize 0 1,763 02-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Marcusneize
  academic writing for graduate student RichardCox 0 1,486 01-30-2017, 11:28 PM
Last Post: RichardCox