This is my very first time!
Hello all! I am in Germany and I'm in the process of creating a new website. The domain name I chose is available, and aparently is free with the web-hosting contract. Now, my feeling is that this could become a very popular thing within Germany, even though the domain is more related to a city. Should I buy also other domains? They don't say anything about buying a domain without getting the web-hosting package. Any suggestions here? Evidently you are all experts!
Yeah, I agree with Podcast. It's just better two keep the two separate, or else you may be stuck with a company you end up not really liking. And having to change your domain if you really, really want to switch might be at least temporarily detrimental to your business.
Ditto.

Your domain is your identity online. At least when it comes to your business or website. YOU should control it, not somebody else. This means two things:

[INDENT] 1. Never let your host register a domain for you: you should control it, not your host. And you will save on any "service fees" that they make from registering the domain for you.

2. Do not use your registrars hosting service. If you register your domain at godaddy, for instance, do not use godaddy hosting. If godaddy gets a complaint about your site, you may see your website AND your domain gone.
[/INDENT]
Zach

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time to hold a domain fourwings 1 2,813 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Dave Zan
  Generic domains 'sought after at this time of year'--Shanghai NIC Network Service Co. WebGuru8 0 2,469 12-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Last Post: WebGuru8
  I think it's only a matter of time Brianovot 0 1,787 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: