Webmasters?
Paula62 Wrote:What kind of rates do webmasters charge?

Depends on the webmaster. Freelancers generally go at about mid $xxx. Professional firms can go up to $xx,xxx, start at around $1400 (see for instance: www.finerconcept.com )
Zach
I am thinking about getting someone to help manage my many forums. More of a baby sitter for the new ones just to make sure spam is handled with properly and questions or handled.

Anyone know a good way to go about finding someone to do this?
What kind of rate?
what do you mean?
triumph Wrote:I am thinking about getting someone to help manage my many forums. More of a baby sitter for the new ones just to make sure spam is handled with properly and questions or handled.

Anyone know a good way to go about finding someone to do this?

Do you mean Moderators ?
Depends what your target audience is. If it's for a young audience, then you can simply "seduce" your forumers, by offering moderator jobs, the whole "prestige" will have them bite right for it.
Being a forum moderator is a prestige thing, isn't it? I hadn't thought about that and it's a good point. Market it to your members as a plum for the special qualified few and I think you'll get takers.
Triumph ~ Definitely offer a Moderator position to some of your more mature and trusted members. Those who are regularly involved in the forums make excellent candidates. They already have the interest and experience to secure their commitment.
what sort of services you require paula?
I mean webmastering is a vast area now. is your site ready and how much traffic and users there? how many sites you need to administer?
Or you can directly ask here for the designer or programmers.
I am sure we have some good professionals here also.