What domains should I buy in order to get rich?
Unless you have a domain that is a misspelling of another very popular or very sought domain, I'd say you don't really make money. You'll be better off developing a domain that has some content that might interest you, put some ads in it, some affiliates, do some marketing, and I'm pretty sure you'll make more money than just having it parked. You can even try it with a blog. For example, Blogger doesn't charge you anything and allows you to have Google ads in it. So if you just write about something that interest you and get people to visit it, I'm sure you can make some money that way... again, I'm talking cents that eventually ammounts into dollars, but at least is something, and you are investing only your time. And if that works out, then get the domain. But this is just my humble opinion.
Hey TordB, I think you're getting some good advice here.

Sometimes people have genuine interests in things that end up making them money. For example I heard about a young guy who had a site that displayed soccer scores, and it became so popular, when he sold it he became rich.

I think you should find your niche and keep learning. Hopefully you'll see a good profit.

Good luck.
You'll probably think I am a stick- in- the mud, but here I go. You should focus on finishing high school. Then go to college, get a degree that matches your interest with the internet and domains. You work hard and study, and then you can graduate. You can make more money at your job because of your degree.
Sounds like you had a very secure upbringing. I remember thinking about how to make enough money to live on my own before getting to high school.
Grace Wrote:You'll probably think I am a stick- in- the mud, but here I go. You should focus on finishing high school. Then go to college, get a degree that matches your interest with the internet and domains. You work hard and study, and then you can graduate. You can make more money at your job because of your degree.

You sound just like my mom!! LOL!! and I actually followed her advice and had a very nice job and now I´m very independent... on the other hand, Bill Gates never finished college...
Forgive me for suggesting college. When I was a child of 18 I wanted so badly to go to college, but couldn't. I was a honor graduate but didn't have the money. My counselor told me I couldn't go. Where I grew up, only rich people went to college. After I got older, I had to work. I only went to 1 year of Bible College. I worked full time and went to college. I was so happy to go. Even now if I could if I could get another degree, I would.
Grace Wrote:Forgive me for suggesting college. When I was a child of 18 I wanted so badly to go to college, but couldn't. I was a honor graduate but didn't have the money. My counselor told me I couldn't go. Where I grew up, only rich people went to college. After I got older, I had to work. I only went to 1 year of Bible College. I worked full time and went to college. I was so happy to go. Even now if I could if I could get another degree, I would.
Sounds like you had shitty counselor:eek:

You can always apply for grants.
There are tons of grants for all kinds of grade points
and different types of grants for different interest groups.

You can apply for student loans.

It will take time to find such grants, but, they are there.

My sister never paid penny to go to university.
She even got few thousand dollars of living expense per semester as grant.
She was getting like 8 or 9 grants per semester.

I didn't bother with finding grants, so, I just got one or two per semester.
Still, I only paid 2 or 300/semester as tuitions.

Concentrating on studying is good.
But, domaining is one of very few things that you can do while you are studying hard.

On other domain forum, I know many college/university/medical school graduate
students who are buying and selling domain names and incomes from domaining
are used to pay tuitions and living expenses.

Some even make lots of money on top of that Wink

DO NOT buy or register anything for at least first 3 months.
If you buy during your first 3 months - you'll probably pay too much for wrong domain.
If you register during this period - you'll probably register wrong domains.

Instead, read as much as you can from domainers forums.
Domainsocial.com, DNForum.com, NamePros.com and DNJournal.com

It may seem very easy to make money from domaining, but, it's not.
I mean, if you don't know what you are doing.

I highly recommend getting Zach's ebook.
This is must for domaining newbies.

Good luck with domaining and Read, Read, READ...Big Grin
Grace Wrote:Forgive me for suggesting college. When I was a child of 18 I wanted so badly to go to college, but couldn't. I was a honor graduate but didn't have the money. My counselor told me I couldn't go. Where I grew up, only rich people went to college. After I got older, I had to work. I only went to 1 year of Bible College. I worked full time and went to college. I was so happy to go. Even now if I could if I could get another degree, I would.

Please, I totally understand what you meant. And I agree with the poster before me, you had a very bad counselor! You could´ve got a lot of help getting into college being an honor graduate. And if you have the time, try and take some credits towards a degree. Nowdays there is a lot of information free available on the net. You can study by yourself and is not too expensive.
Haha, yes for sure that would have been a good idea. If I had invested in things that I was interested in when I was younger I could have been rolling in cash by now. It's at least a good mindset to have.
Well thanks for all the information. That's true about how things have changed with grants. You are doing both, which is very smart. The college is good and so is making money other ways. You can always learn along the way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs Williamhawk 0 1,878 12-21-2017, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Which is a best TLD for country domains? fourwings 1 3,112 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Are .net and .org domains taken less seriously? Shortie861 5 4,363 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: domainname
  Premium .SOCIAL Domains? Williamhawk 0 1,951 11-15-2017, 05:30 AM
  Autonomous & Driverless car domains? Williamhawk 0 1,952 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,944 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  Cost of renewing .com domains? Williamhawk 0 1,818 10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
  Google Domains pricing and supported TLDs? Williamhawk 0 1,655 10-26-2017, 01:05 PM
  Purchasing domains to hold Shortie861 1 2,814 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Using free domains that come with free hosting Shortie861 1 2,660 03-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Misti