What is your blog about?
I wouldn't protect my blogs with a password. If I felt like my thoughts were that private, I would not post them online. Even with a password, somebody is bound to be able to break into it. Nothing is really private on the internet.
Jewel Wrote:I wouldn't protect my blogs with a password. If I felt like my thoughts were that private, I would not post them online. Even with a password, somebody is bound to be able to break into it. Nothing is really private on the internet.

You are right! Once it is on the internet, any information there is public domain, even with a password. Some sites are more difficult to get into, but eventually any good hacker can break security. And with blogs, unless you don´t give the link to anybody, then most likely someone will find you.
I keep a blog that is essentially just reviews and articles about music and literature. I wouldn't feel comfortable airing my dirty laundry (so to speak) by keeping a diary of sorts as a blog. I know people who have done that and it's always embarassing for them to share it.
RFL1986 Wrote:I keep a blog that is essentially just reviews and articles about music and literature. I wouldn't feel comfortable airing my dirty laundry (so to speak) by keeping a diary of sorts as a blog. I know people who have done that and it's always embarassing for them to share it.

Well, the idea behind using it as a diary, is to be with a different identity, and share it only with the people who knows you best, or with total strangers and keep the people you know out of the loop. For many, hav ing a blog is theyr therapy!
Personally, I use my personal blog as a dairy. I don't use real names or any information about myself though Wink Can't have anyone from college or work logging on to see what i've said about them.
I've heard of some people who've had Facebook pages, and then realized there's probably more information on them than there should be.

For example, I think it's pretty common for potential employers to check out applicant's Facebook pages.
I have two blogs and I am working on a third. My main blog is about my husband and his obsession with trains and railways. I know it sounds deadly boring, but really it is a way for me to stay sane. At first I was just writing it for myself, but I have regular readers in several different countries. I write an entry every day, It is not exactly a diary, just selected snippets of personal observation. Some aspects of my life are never commented on in the blog. My second blog is about books, mostly it is reviews of books I have read. The blog I am working on now will be about crafts
My blogs are about everything from my dreams to life to sexy girls Big Grin
I have a small blog about art and art education.
Ok, I'll throw mine out there. I have 3 blogs. All of them are suffering for attention.

I blog about work from home opportunities, living green, and eating an organic, healthier diet. Could probably combine the last two. Someday I wanna blog about how to be cheap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To the blog experts!! berlinlife06 23 14,403 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Varsha
  How to add a blog to a site? justontime 18 11,042 05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Last Post: justontime
  Blog directory Paula62 12 10,216 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Hoosierhunter
  Developing a Blog aladyover21 0 3,828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: