What's the deal with Facebook?
Seth Damien Wrote:I made a sort-of blanket statement above, which should have been taken with a grain of salt, and I am afraid some people might have taken certain implications from my statement that I didn't necessarily intend. I didn't mean to infer that what the owners of FaceBook are doing is illegal, or even immoral...I'm just not comfortable with contributing to the pool of information in that way, which is why I don't personally utilize those services. If others wish to, what happens to them is largely their own responsability.

:whistle:

Nice save. It isn't wise to tip "them" off that you are on to "them". You have to develop a secret code and handshake first!

SageMother Wrote::whistle:

Nice save. It isn't wise to tip "them" off that you are on to "them". You have to develop a secret code and handshake first!

LOL!!! You really made me laugh Sagemother!
I don't think anybody took the statement as a secret finally revealed, but it is just a confirmation that one shouldn't trust internet sites with your real info. As much as one wants to control things, there is always a way that they can find you. So, I try to make it as complicated as possible!
SageMother Wrote::whistle:

uhum..

The eagle will fly at silvery midnight, so lets meet when the kangaroo eats the guitar.

Regards,

Zulu Alpha Charlie Hotel
zach Wrote:uhum..

The eagle will fly at silvery midnight, so lets meet when the kangaroo eats the guitar.

Regards,

Zulu Alpha Charlie Hotel

Cool

LOL!!!!!!!

Regards,

Zulu Alpha Charlie Hotel

On the west from the East, the wind announces rain smelling the quiet people... the kangaroo ate a flute!

Being Earnest Rather Liberal, Idiosincracy Naturally Lives Inside For Ever -- 06

Regards,

Zulu Alpha Charlie Hotel

I couldn't possibly make before the koala eats the banjo. :p

But seriously, a co-worker of mine told me she was in a job interview and she was asked about things she'd done that weren't on her resume. She assumes employers check out possible employees on sites like Facebook.
When I look at a resume for work I never used sites like that for information. It's completely underhanded, and lacks in proper use of a person's information. I use sites such as DOD, Americ'a s Job Bank, and other local ones.
DOD is Department of Defense website. It has veterans who are presently in the service, veterans getting out, and people who's been out for awhile. They have resume lists, and places where we put our open positions. I get responses from the DOD website. I also look on it and contact people who fit our qualifications.
I wonder how many people intentionally "stack" their Facebook profile to appear attractive for a possible search by a potential employer?

I haven't heard of anybody doing that yet.
So, you are saying that having a Facebook page is a good thing with employers??? I don't want my employer to know about my personal stuff... and I don't feel comfortable publishing my resume on Facebook. I'm still skeptical about this whole ordeal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the deal with .MOBI david47 13 6,442 03-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Last Post: xtraze