back as happy in a gallery as
Les Montres Molles in French; The Persistence of Memory in English. It is quite unusual to find a famous painting on the screen of a footballer’s phone, but when Thomas Meunier pushed his home button last year one of Salvador Dalí’s most recognisable works flashed up. “It’s http://www.jetsfootballofficialshop.com/Authentic-Darron-Lee-Jersey my favourite”, he said. “It is the notion of time. It is surreal and stands out from the ordinary. Maybe that’s the reason it touches me.” [Image: orioles_344.jpg]The Paris Saint-German right-back’s passion for art stretches to his youth. He grew up in Sainte-Ode, a small village in the Ardennes, where his grandmother – a teacher – schooled him in drawing and painting. “There was even a period when I said that I would become a cartoon artist,” Meunier said. “I was huge fan of Bugs Bunny.” [Image: nike_cardinals_315.jpg]It could not quite sway him from another, deeper love, though. Football was the object of his affection from the age of five, when he walked into the family kitchen and asked his parents if he would join the local club. “When I had a ball at my feet, I was happy,” he remembered. At home, he practised http://www.cavaliersproshop.com/George_Hill_Jersey his skills to the extent that any family Kenneth Dixon Jersey member available – his grandmother if necessary – was pressed into goalkeeping duties. As a teenager, he watched YouTube videos of his heroes and spent hours trying to replicate their actions. The Brazilians were the ones he loved – Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho – as well as David Beckham and Paul Scholes. “A little bit of Cantona too, although I never saw him playing,” said Meunier, who supported Manchester United as a boy. Local scouts cottoned on to his talent. He was too good for Sainte-Ode and, at 10, moved to Givry. Standard Liège were also monitoring him and, in 2004, offered him the chance to join their youth squad. He would not stay long, though; being released two years later was, he reflected later, the kind of experience that can make or break a career. “Some psychological challenges in my youth, like the divorce of my parents, have shaped my http://www.teamusahockeyjerseys.com/Adidas-James-Van-Riemsdyk-Jersey character,” he said. “If you are, just like me at that age, purely focused on football and your club tell you that you’re not good enough it can be a shock.” He took a step backwards to Virton, a third division club closer to home. A first-team debut arrived in 2009, when he was 18, but could not support himself from football alone. He worked as a postman and, in 2010, became a warehouse worker at the car glass delivery factory Autover. At that point he earned €1,250 a month, but soon his income would skyrocket. The following year he joined Club Brugge for €200,000, and life turned upside down. Meunier joined Brugge as a midfielder but was transformed into an attack-minded right-back. That development accelerated his journey to the top: his performances earned a place in the Belgium squad for Euro 2016 – he had previously played a few games for the under-15s and under-21s Ken Crawley Authentic Jersey – and during the tournament he sealed a surprise move to PSG. “When I arrived, not many team-mates knew me,” he recalled of his early days in Paris. “Thanks to the Euros there were maybe two http://www.authenticphilliesstore.com/Authentic-Aaron-Nola-Jersey players who remembered my name. Thiago Motta had played against Belgium with Italy. I wasn’t in the starting XI, but after the game I’d swapped shirts with him. He didn’t even remember.” Playing in France’s capital gave him the chance to meet one Jurickson Profar Jersey of the idols he would try to copy during those years in the back garden. “Ronaldinho visited the club last season, I even have a picture with him,” he said. “Maybe that was one of the best days of my career. Sometimes I kiss my hands: that my job allows me to meet the people who made me fall in love with this game. Five years after Virton I was Demarcus Walker Authentic Jersey suddenly playing against Messi, Piqué and Iniesta – players I used to know from TV.” Now an established figure, he has plenty to say about the negativity, aggression and violence football sometimes inspires – both in stadiums and on social media. “It’s a catastrophe”, he said last year. “The pessimism, the criticism, the hate they spout from the stands too. I can’t understand it.” cheap jerseys from china wholesale nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys from chinawholesale jerseys cheap jerseys from china

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reigning champion Leigh McMillan will be back at chitianshi520 0 1,078 04-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Last Post: chitianshi520
  It will be tough and the Russians will come back chitianshi520 0 1,192 03-06-2019, 05:24 AM
  back your life is the revolutionary co chitianshi520 0 816 10-08-2018, 01:18 AM
  Richard Wood fires Rotherham back to xiaolan 0 1,172 05-30-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: xiaolan
  The Titans probably will want to trade back if the board lucky 0 1,393 04-26-2018, 02:40 AM
Last Post: lucky
  back to their best against Roma xiaolan 0 1,257 04-24-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: xiaolan
  We're back! zach 0 2,095 03-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Last Post: zach
  back to normal zach 3 16,780 10-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Last Post: smile99