namecheap.com
I like namecheap.com and have been using it for my past few domain reg.

after using the following coupons, the rates work out to:
Yaffaspecial - $0.90 off domain registration and renewal.
1 domain $7.98

MORE4LESS - $0.89 off .com domain registration.
1 domain $7.99

comes with free nameguard privacy.

---
i like it esp cos it's geared towards internet mkters.

during campaign launches their nameservers can handle the traffic spike.

in contast, i've heard that godaddy might freeze yr account when you have traffic spikes.
they 'proactively' take measures to guard against DoS attacks.....

---
since then i've rotated to ipowerweb (abt $2.95) but somewhat worrisome cos you enter your credit card number and there's no acknowledge, receipt or anything.
the WHM is not the greatest either, and latency seems quite bad.
Andrew, not sure what "latency" is, but I've used ipowerweb for several domains, both registration and hosting, and have no complaints at all.
latency's delay in processing yr domain request and forwarding it to the web host.

i guess your performance will depend on yr requirements.

if you're not too intensive a user, i guess it doesnt really make a difference.
andreww38 Wrote:if you're not too intensive a user, i guess it doesnt really make a difference.

Maybe not but you never know when that might change. I'm not a power user now but I'm definitely a power information collector, so good ideas and new sources are much appreciated.
andreww38 Wrote:I like namecheap.com and have been using it for my past few domain reg.

after using the following coupons, the rates work out to:
Yaffaspecial - $0.90 off domain registration and renewal.
1 domain $7.98

MORE4LESS - $0.89 off .com domain registration.
1 domain $7.99

comes with free nameguard privacy.

---
i like it esp cos it's geared towards internet mkters.

during campaign launches their nameservers can handle the traffic spike.

in contast, i've heard that godaddy might freeze yr account when you have traffic spikes.
they 'proactively' take measures to guard against DoS attacks.....

---
since then i've rotated to ipowerweb (abt $2.95) but somewhat worrisome cos you enter your credit card number and there's no acknowledge, receipt or anything.
the WHM is not the greatest either, and latency seems quite bad.

Thanks for the link.

I`m building up a link collection in my bookmarks Big Grin
How is the interface for managing a large number of domains? I like how I can do bulk changes in GoDaddy. Can you do the same thing here?
Paula62 Wrote:Andrew, not sure what "latency" is, but I've used ipowerweb for several domains, both registration and hosting, and have no complaints at all.

Hi there! I'm interested to buy at either namecheap or ipowerweb. I heard that ipowerweb is much cheaper. How about for renewal? Or transfer? Can I push the domain for free?
For a while I thought I had found the company I wanted to register with for all my domain names. The trouble is, the deals change all the time. Just reading through all the lists here of names, namecheap, Godaddy, etc...it's enough to make anyone dizzy. What I am finding for my own work is that it really depends who your client is and what they want to do with the site. Then you have to shop for the best name deal and find out what you can get to come with it at the best price. And remember, next week, the deal might be different.
I finally registered one at namecheap! The more4less coupon doesn't work anymore but the other one does. :-) I funded my account using Paypal. Purchasing/Registration was fast.

I noticed that Yahoo is faster in processing domain request.
I registered one from Namecheap too. I wasn't able to use a coupon since I didn't know much that time. I'll be using one in the future. Is more4less still working?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question NameCheap and Enom? zach 1 2,638 02-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Namecheap $1.99 domain promo code linyooo 0 2,282 07-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Last Post: linyooo
  NameCheap not that Cheap: Price Increase zach 8 7,177 11-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Dave Zan
  Help for selling at Namecheap tommyke 3 4,942 09-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Last Post: zach
  Changing MX records in Namecheap agent_orange 3 5,608 02-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Last Post: berlinlife06