what do you think of hostgator?
I saw that a few members here use host gator for hosting. I have personally never used the company, and so I'm curious to know what people say about it (in case I need another host for a new site).

What do you think of it? Is it a good company... what about support?

Thanks

Zach
I was using hostgator some months ago. But left that.
Thats not because that bad. That is a really great hosting company. You can go with them.
Hostgator is a great company. I tell you. I've been with them for a year and I'm completely satisfied. The support agents there even helped me with things which were outside their scope of support. :-) Their online live support is very helpful..and KNOWLEDGEABLE. I'm not so sure if they have a telephone support though.
Exactly. The best thing about them is the support system. They give complete solution of any kind of problem.
Did you try hostnine?
Their service is superior. I've hosted site with more than 5 companies, hostnine is last and the greatest.
Hostgator is by far one of the most popular web hosts, but honestly, their prices can be beaten. I've seen much cheaper prices, but host gator does have great support.
never ever tried them though but reviews all over favour them expect prices in competition with similar packages. but support cracks that!
-thoma- Wrote:Hostgator is by far one of the most popular web hosts, but honestly, their prices can be beaten. I've seen much cheaper prices, but host gator does have great support.

I guess that when someone wants to develope their domain, it is important when you can count with the support of a great company, so I say it is worth the money. On the other hand, if development is not an issue, then I would go for the cheaper prices to get my domain in there. The difference might be just few pennies, but I think every penny counts, specially in this business
Well, there prices are excellent but the features are a little on the low side. I have found a web host cheaper than HG, great support, and have tons of up-to-date features.
I saw a lot of banners on forums and websites of this company, I would assume they are good, besides that they are very, very cheap. I never tried them personally but I might try them as they seem cool and good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck between Bluehost, SSL and Hostgator JesseVoss 0 996 05-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  The contrasts between BlueHost and HostGator xiaolanzhuji 0 1,048 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: xiaolanzhuji
  The HostGator Network? Williamhawk 1 1,546 11-23-2017, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Start Your ASP.NET Website With HostGator! Williamhawk 0 1,227 11-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
Thumbs Up Best Hosting Discounts for HostGator - Godaddy - ixwebhosting johnymichael1 0 1,765 10-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: johnymichael1
  hostgator coupon code 25% off bs111103 1 2,275 04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Last Post: nigelbranden
  Hostgator.com coupon code 25% Off supersnake305 0 2,188 10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Last Post: supersnake305