Domain Social Forums
ChaCha search engine - Printable Version

+- Domain Social Forums (http://www.domainsocial.com)
+-- Forum: Domain Names (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-Domain-Names)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (http://www.domainsocial.com/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Thread: ChaCha search engine (/Thread-ChaCha-search-engine)

Pages: 1 2 3

ChaCha search engine - triumph - 10-21-2006

The more I think about it the more I wonder how worthwhile this will be. I tried it once, but have no interest in going back to look anything up. I know how to find information on all the major search engines, so I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Perhaps for others, it makes sense though.

ChaCha search engine - sunnybeachcal - 10-22-2006

The key is relevant in the searches, the guides there might not be even understand what we are seeking for. We may have to go through a whole conversation before the fully acknowledge. Between the waiting period and the time chatting, I probably would have found what I was looking for and still have loads of time to spare.

Like triumph stated, it might be a great tool for Internet beginners, but it would certainly be a big hassle for us.

ChaCha search engine - triumph - 10-23-2006

Yeah I thought about that when I tried it. I was looking for my site, but the searcher doesn't know it. You could just sort it all yourself. I see it beneficial for very novice internet users perhaps, but then all the typing and discussion might be a turn off. Perhaps they would just use 411.

ChaCha search engine - Lenandlar - 10-23-2006

ChaCha is uncle in Hindi i think. Maybe we need the Aja.

ChaCha search engine - echos - 10-31-2006

WOW, Thankx for all the info on ChaCha. I was thinking of joining, but not now, Thankx, Echos

ChaCha search engine - Ladybecklyn - 11-05-2006

I tried out ChaCha, but I was not happy. I too, like to do the work myself. I know exactly what I am looking for. If one search doesn't get me what I want, I try something else without even thinking about it. I am always successful. I would not try with a guide, that is pointless for me, however, it would be okay for the beginner.

ChaCha search engine - echos - 11-13-2006

Are they still going?? I think they have had some major problems. For one thing it sounds to me as thought they over hired for the search process. Echos

ChaCha search engine - Ladybecklyn - 11-13-2006

I have not heard that they were not in business anymore.

ChaCha search engine - Plumley - 11-25-2006

I tried being a guide. It was kind of fun and I made a few bucks. I'm thinking that ship may have sailed, though. There's a definite MLM feel to the recruitment process. It's promoted as a work at home opportunity and one of the big deal perks is that guides get to give invites to others and earn 10% of what those people make, the old MLM downline. What they didn't do as much is promote the unique feature, being able to search with a guide. So they've wound up with more guides than searchers. It's an interesting concept. We'll see where it is when the dust all settles.

ChaCha search engine - echos - 11-25-2006

Wow, Plumley, Thankx for all that. I was quite an eyeopener. Are they still recruiting? I also heard they took down many of their posting forums. Any one else on ChaCha?MLM lines?? Enlighten me please, Echos