ChaCha search engine
I had came across this several times at another forum. It's a search engine where info seekers have a guide assist them with the search process. Otherwards, another human being will do the search for you :confused: . Sounds interesting though. Anyone try this yet?

ChaCha Search - Connect and search with a live ChaCha Guide |
I tested it out and did a check on a topic where I have a site. They did not give me my site back, so I gave them a low score. Smile

Apparently they pay people to do the searches online, so someone looking for extra work might check it out too.
Hmm...I wonder if they are being trained to do the searches. If so, they're not doing a very good job. Same impression when I tested their system. Sad

A friend of mine had just signed up to work as a guide, I'll see how things go with her behind the scenes.
Yeah that would be interesting to hear. Does your friend get to work from home?
Not at the present, she is still searching for the right opportunity. She's got two offers so far, nothing in her field though.

She's going to log into ChaCha tonight, I'll provide the some details later.
I meant if she does the searching on ChaCha does she get to do it from home?
Yep, the guides do their searches at home, mostly, in their spare time. There's no schedule that needs to follow. So if you want to do it for 1/2 hour or 3 hours, it's totally up to you. However, you're only paid for the active searches, no waiting time pay. Sad

She says the beginning is quite slow since you have to wait until you're trained on the keywords. These of which you will do paid searches for.

From what she told me, it might not be worth it, so I'm not going to waste my time.
I checked it too.
Quite different kind of search engine.
Search with guide feature is plus point.
Ah interesting. Well it sounds good for the company doing it, but if you only get paid for active searching, it might not be very worthwhile.
It looks interesting, perhaps, a little dull even. But myself I would want to dig up the information myself. That's the attraction of the Cha Cha search engine is having someone else do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Career & Job Search Engine pinnu13 16 7,945 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Grace