A "holiday" domain, is it possible?
I was wondering, since its Valentine's Day and all, is it possible to have a domain that would "change" according to the holiday or around the holiday? I mean, let's say you have a generic name, but as a content changes, can you change also in a way to attract traffic to it? So, for Valentines Day, you'll get more traffic even though the domain name has nothing to do with it, and then it will get traffic for St. Patrcik's Day, but of course you have the same name domain... is it possible? Or am I just dreaming?
The names would constantly have to be changed because of the different holidays we celebrate. I myself prefer one focus on a domain.
that sounds like it would be alot of work. Even though its a general category, you could try making an inner page for each holiday and promote them seperately, worth a shot if you got the time.
It would require a lot of work to maintain but all domains have maintenance involved too. People love the subject of holidays, spending lots of money for certain ones.
Agreed, lots of people search the holiday in search engines when it comes time for the holiday. Though I can't say for sure, I think most of the visitors are looking to buy a gift for family or friends, wether its valentines day or christmas.

You could also try adding foreign holidays as well, but that could be tricky.
What kind of foreign holiday domain would be you have in mind? I think some are the same or similar. And some holidays are completely different.
The only way I can see that working would be to have like holiday.com as a base page and link to all the others. You would need to own, Valentinesdday.com, halloween.com...etc.

I can't help but think it would be easier to have holidays.com and then do a /:holidays.com/halloween.

Just my opinion.
Wow! How fast the time goes by! I thought it would be better to have a generic name and make the welcome page chan ge according to the holiday, and using keyword articles for each one of the holidays. And having a special section for each. A lot of work, I know, but maybe it could bring some money, specially if I can get products to sell or links to affiliates...
Berlin,
That sounds great. I can think of a number of links, products etc.

But then I did create a series of Pagan CD Roms based on the festivals.....so I'm good at the detail work. If you want some help, let me know.
berlinlife06 Wrote:Wow! How fast the time goes by! I thought it would be better to have a generic name and make the welcome page chan ge according to the holiday, and using keyword articles for each one of the holidays. And having a special section for each. A lot of work, I know, but maybe it could bring some money, specially if I can get products to sell or links to affiliates...

It would be easier to have the holiday.com and then rotate themed pages through. The keyword articles would be great. You could start 2 weeks out to punch up your content for each holiday. It might be a lot of work but would be a good experiment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,749 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,618 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,526 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,728 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,233 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,019 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,101 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,848 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,975 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,909 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM