Coutries that purchase the most of domain names?
Out of curiousity, which are countries would you think purchase the most domain names in term of number of domains? I believe US is most likely ranked at the top position, with UK follwing at 2nd place.

What's your guess?:p

note:- admin, could you kindly help to add "n" in the word "coutry"? I missed it out..sorry!
I would agree with you. The US definately has the most registrations, and then maybe the UK or Australia (the Australian government sponsered internet research very early in the game, before most countries, as they viewed it as a viable method of increasing communication across their large land mass).

llegent Wrote:note:- admin, could you kindly help to add "n" in the word "coutry"? I missed it out..sorry!

done
My guess would go with the U.S. followed by the U.K. as well, but I think we'll see that start to change to Asian countries soon. As the problems with paypal and payment systems get sorted out for Asians, they'll start a buying boom. Or I think anyway.
emm...Asian countries!! I have forgotten that, especially the giant china!:eek: I believe china will very soon over take other countries and topping the fastest growing in term of domain
registration.

Thinking of this, would .cn TLD be the next hot trend??Rolleyes
The U.S., U.K. then China or Japan.
I suspect if there's a .cn, it would be good to buy a few. But, they've got to work out pay pal for those countries first, or another option which is solid for money payments.
Actually I bet you India is climbing up the rankings very fast. There are a lot of Indian webmasters and web sites.
India is a good bet too ...India has so many economic and political problems not to mention natural disasters, that I tend to dismiss them, but there's a huge online population from India.

One thing I've noticed with people from there is that they work incredibly hard online for very little money ...much the same way that outsourcing worked with call centers put so much business there.
vicki2 Wrote:India is a good bet too ...India has so many economic and political problems not to mention natural disasters, that I tend to dismiss them, but there's a huge online population from India.

One thing I've noticed with people from there is that they work incredibly hard online for very little money ...much the same way that outsourcing worked with call centers put so much business there.

I have seen the same thing. The interesting thing is these people are bright. A lot of call center business is moving back to the us, both from complaints and from labor organization in India where they were not going to continue to be exploited.

I see the webmasters making a better life form themselves and working hard. The internet is a global marketplace, and it is very cool to see people from all over come together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,693 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,609 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,514 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,721 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,227 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,017 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,095 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,968 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,906 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM