Developing a forum domain?
Do you have a forum domain? How did you develop it?
Hi,
I put my forum as a /forum in addition to my domain.com website. I have seen some forums that you just type in domain.com and it is at their forum. So How does that work and what really are you asking? Content?
I'm just asking if anyone of you has a forum. :-)

I'm going to put one up. Are you using vBulletin or phpBB? or another discussion board?
I got the free phpbb and I really like it. I am using version 2 and I know they are working on version 3 right now and it has a completely different skin look to it. I am using the phpbb because it is free and because I am so new at this. There are tons of modifications released to phpbb so that you can basically make your board work like any of the other commercial ones. My favorite modifications to the phpbb boards are the attachment mod and the html for admin only.
I talked to my partner about having a forum on our website, but that is something that we don't want to get into just yet (as per his words) the stuff we are doing takes a lot and it is better to concentrate on or main site and with time add a forum... But it is good to know that there are other options.
Try SMF. It's easier to use than phpBB.

I can tell you that it's hard to maintain a forum. First, it's hard to attract posters. Second, you have to fight spam. Third, you have to prune your forums once in a while. But it's worth it.
phpBB is the best and free, it has an active community and good mod's to use.
i promoted my forum through other forums and blogs and it got popular right in it first month
Sophie Wrote:Try SMF. It's easier to use than phpBB.

I can tell you that it's hard to maintain a forum. First, it's hard to attract posters. Second, you have to fight spam. Third, you have to prune your forums once in a while. But it's worth it.

OK, here I come again not knowing something. What does it mean to "prune" your forums? What exactly you have to do? I understand fighting spam, since I've seen it in other forums, but to "prune" is the first time I read it... and I am curious to know! Thanks!
I heard that a domain with a forum will hurt the SEO and it will make it harder to promote it, thats why I never I made a forum website.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Domain Privacy Protection is Necessary? hostitsmart 0 376 06-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  full domain blocking JesseVoss 0 1,809 05-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  How much will a domain cost? Williamhawk 3 2,615 05-17-2018, 04:19 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  What factors will determine the domain price? sinelogixtech 0 1,512 05-16-2018, 05:03 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  DOMAIN DEVELOPMENT Williamhawk 1 2,292 03-09-2018, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Laxmi123
  Is the Indian Domain business about to explode Williamhawk 1 1,941 01-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  How to assign port number to a domain name Williamhawk 1 2,196 01-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  Modify domain name information Williamhawk 0 1,690 12-29-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  What is domain name papia 24 13,444 12-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Sobhana123
  SP2013 app domain configuration in development environment Williamhawk 0 1,697 12-27-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk