Does forum signature linking work?
I have got into the habit of placing my link to my website in my signature on forums that I am active on if the owners allow it. I find it helps bring traffic into my website and I have also found that it does help with SEO to a certain extent.

Do you use forum signature linking? How have  you found that has worked for you?
Being a frequent user of forums I always if the owner allows add my link to my signature with a catchy line of text and that tends to get traffic heading towards my site from those who see my link and show an interest. It doesn't cost anything so is free advertising if you frequent forum and it does work so it is worth trying as you don't lose anything by doing so.
According to me if you will put signature in different forum sites it will be helpful for keywords visibility through different search engines as well as website traffic. and for me it was very helpful for keywords ranking
Forum signature linking is the process of building the backlinks to the website.Yes, they work as the signature linking , because they don't get indexed very easily and with the link saturation on post pages doesn't really make these links very powerful.
Yes i do use forum signature link and it has worked for me very well.
If you have made the signature in forums, then no need to put direct links there.
Yes, Forum signature will boost up links to increase the SEO score. All major companies are using this technique to increase their traffic to their website.
In the Google Quality Guidelines it says

"Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee. Another useful test is to ask, "Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn't exist?"

Now ask yourself that same question regarding Forum Signatures and spammy anchor text links.

If Matt Cutts himself asked you "Why did you add those links on your signature? for the users for for SEO? If you can truly answer that question "for the user" then do it. If you even hesitate or find yourself justifying your answer then don't.

Adding nofollow to those links? I personally would suggest it
Forum links don't tend to carry a lot of value, but they can still help. Post-Penguin it's probably not a good idea to stuff these signature links with keywords, but a few links from relevant, high quality forums can provide some value.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO Optimization for Forum ddboards 4 11,770 08-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Last Post: adibitar69
  Does marketing for forums work? Shortie861 2 3,682 06-08-2016, 06:18 AM
  Power of forum signature. deelip 41 21,995 05-04-2016, 07:51 AM
  Do you work on your sites/domains just to sell them? Shole 2 2,665 03-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Misti
  ICANN : Work Continues to Increase Developing Economies Participation in the New gTLD benbenli 0 2,442 10-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: benbenli
  Sitemaps.org - Yahoo + Google work together! zach 5 5,369 04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Rohitpatel
  Linking a bunch of sites together hosted under same IP? llegent 0 2,657 08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Last Post: llegent