Google Guessing Game?
Guessing what google will do next is becoming sort of a cottage industry, and it's not only fun to keep up with but helpful as well.

I got an email from a service I subscribe to and there was a very interesting link to a UK developer/sleuth site. Mostly he just tries to work out what Google is developing. It's interesting:

http://ruscoe.net/blog/2006/07/whats-in-...andbox.asp
well, i thought it was obvious.

google is going to buy over Cisco, Tivo and Youtube. integrate the streaming of user-submitted content wirelessly into Tivo machines.

for a second course they're going to do a reverse takeover of Sony Columbia and Michael Jackson's Beatles licensing rights and buy out the library of congress and create the world's biggest digital IP library...

but seriously, i'm really looking forward to writerly.

and it's strange they haven't done anything about mp3 yet, maybe it'll be an add on to google videos..

vicki2 Wrote:Guessing what google will do next is becoming sort of a cottage industry, and it's not only fun to keep up with but helpful as well.

I got an email from a service I subscribe to and there was a very interesting link to a UK developer/sleuth site. Mostly he just tries to work out what Google is developing. It's interesting:

http://ruscoe.net/blog/2006/07/whats-in-...andbox.asp
Actually Google has said they are keen on re-focusing on their core search business now. Investors have gotten nervous with them getting their hands into too many pots and neglecting the golden goose.

So I would look for them to tighten things up and stay more centrally focused over the next 24 months.
Interesting. Going back to core interests makes more sense to me. They've seemed fractured recently, and why screw up a good thing?
You think Google is overextended in what it's doing now?
Well google has been going in a number of directions with new features that really don't relate to their search engine ...the main thing. Adsense is great and makes sense for them, but things like froogle. I'm not so sure how that's doing.
Yup, if I remembered correctly, google was started with the objective of providing an information sharing platform for internet user all over the world. Their idea get boomed, and now they seems to be diverted from their original idea with so many "branch out' !:eek:
Well everything is related to searching (apart from one or two things like Picasso and maybe Google Earth). Froogle searches stores. Google videos searches videos. Google Scholar searches academic journals and papers... I don't see what's wrong with that. Although I agree that they should start developing their branches more, rather than just creating new ones.
Point taken on the searches. When I had a business, I signed up early on with Froogle, and the whole thing just didn't seem to do much. I know I never use it. Do any of you? And, do you have success with it if you are a business owner?
Grace Wrote:You think Google is overextended in what it's doing now?

I think their philosphy of giving away the goods and making money on advertising is a good one. However, I think they have potentially entered into too many areas at once with no real plan on how to make money. Look at Google Maps. It is awesome, but I doubt it generates any substantial revenue.

They need to have a better plan for making money when they undertake this projects and not just push it off until later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Partner is in need ... Lobster 0 3,421 01-30-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Google Ads Vanio 4 495 10-14-2022, 04:34 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Google Ads from a decent company Upiter 4 820 08-09-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  What do you think of google customizing your search history? shakemelikeapig 2 5,031 06-29-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Premium Google Partner Vanio 5 814 06-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Vanio
  Google Ads Vanio 4 812 03-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  What is Google Quality Score? tourexplo 6 2,900 11-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  Which services are from Google? tourexplo 3 2,220 05-22-2018, 05:34 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  How to set goals in google analytics? michaeltim 4 2,178 04-27-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  what is google ad API? sonyrobin 2 1,820 04-23-2018, 11:37 AM