Multiple domain owners
I'll look for that, Zach, when you guys get it rolling again. What a helpful site this is!
Excel is an excellent resource for tracking. There are many places that offer pre-designed spreadsheets you can modify to meet your needs. I also bet someone would put one together for you for a few dollars tailored specifically to your business.
I do a lot of stuff with excel-style spreadsheets (I use the free OpenOffice instead of Micro$oft Excel though). I keep track of our hosting bills, and our personal finances, and other things. I really like the versatility of spreadsheets, and the fact that they can do my math for me ;-)
I would definately lose track if I had more than I think 10, but you know I have lost track of the eight I currently have......lol. Figures!
Can someone please explain, the coding thing? I am confused on this coding/Echos
Echos - you mean the spreadsheet? It's just essentially a grid-layout that we use to keep track of the things we are doing. OpenOffice.org is the site where I got the software I use for my spreadsheets. Smile
It makes great sense to use a spreadsheet. In my case, I would also have a column for my clients' names so I would know for what business I set up the site. Which brings me to an interesting question. When you register a domain name for a specific customer do you register it with their address, phone and email or to yourself? I have been doing it to myself because I had one that I registered to the client and when I needed to call the host for a question, I got put off because I was not the "owner". Just a little caveat there for you all.
I didn't know there were tools that would help you manage your domains portfolio! Since I am a big spreadsheet fan, I thought that was the best way to keep track of things! My partner actually thanked me for my ideas with the spreadsheet. We use Microsoft Office since I am an Apple user. Not all the free software is compatible with Apple, so I rather spend the money. It works perfect! We are planning on buying a few domain names with our new website, and I guess we'll do the tracking all with Excel. But I am still a little scared with all this!!!!
I think I only have 8. I'm not even sure. I'll check later and possibly make an Excel file. :-) I'm just starting so I'm a bit disorganized.
A 100 domains? Wow that is a lot and I wondered how much this person is making from them?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,695 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,609 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,514 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,721 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,227 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 2,018 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,095 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,843 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,968 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,907 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM