Myspace as companion to website?
Hello all Smile A friend of mine asked me about web design for her photography business, and wanted to somehow tie it in with a myspace page. Either that or simply have a myspace page (bad for me haha). Just wanted to know if any of you out there have done this and your experiences with it. Do you think it will help or hurt, or is it kinda like having the same stuff on the net twice?
It seems to me that she could link to her myspace account from her website but myspace isn't considered a personal website nor are their blogs considered to be "real" bloggers by the Blog-geeks!
Thanks Accer! If she is targeting a young audience, I think it would be a decent move but as far as myspace soley, I dont think it would work. Many people refuse to go there because they think it is just for youngin's. Myspace does indeed have incredible potential for getting the word out...heck, people have become stars on there!
Why not do both and have them linked and have them slightly different? I guess the more the better... but then again I might be wrong. I like variety and options.
Thanks for your input, Berlin. I think that is a great idea. My fear was that she would opt for myspace alone, which means no revenue for me. But also perhaps we could design templates for ebay pages as a companion to websites. What do you think? Smile
Gigi,
Sounds like a great plan to me. But then anything that doesn't cost you money to create but people buy is generally well liked by me!
Well my concern is they would use myspace, therefore not needing a website and pulling a job from our hard working underappreciated web designers. The horror! Wink
I think you have to market the whole thing as this: use MySpace as a door opening to your real website. Having your own domain and website is more professional and you have total freedom to do what you want and place ads and make more money. At least that's the way I see it.
Marketing in Myspace takes a lot of networking and building of networls. It's no walk in the park as some people think it is.
Here is another thing going around: has anyone heard about something called HOVERSPOT? I hate to sound old, but it is hard to keep up with these kids today! LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your first website... Gigi 10 6,082 07-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Last Post: parise
  Website Rotator Service?? sunnybeachcal 7 4,705 11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn
  Autism Website w_grace 0 2,165 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Offers Required: NEWS broadcasting website digitalic 0 2,009 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: