Olympic related domain names
I am from London, and recently registered two Olympic related domain names.
I then tried to park it with Sedo, then got told it was TRADEMARK, so i had to cancel them.

Anyway I check and found it on Nominet

http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/legalinfo/olympics/

and

http://www.london2012.com/about/our-bran...-brand.php

They even tried to Trademark 2012, a number and a date, I wonder how will they able to do that?

Olympic is a tradition from thousand of years ago, it's like getting "Christmas" or "New Year" trademark, not going to work is it?

Also the London2010 logo is making me go blind! Cool

Attached Files
.jpg   alternative_olympic_logo.jpg (Size: 11.93 KB / Downloads: 2)
Worst logo I ever saw in my life!
Look like it's showing spelling of "S-H-I-T".

Nice Avatar.
Who is that girl?
Shin Mina AKA Miss Korea World Cup 2002

More picture of her her :

http://www.bikinisoccer.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

Attached Files
.jpg   BikiniSoccer.com-shin-mina.jpg (Size: 20.5 KB / Downloads: 4)
olympic is a trademark, however london and 2012 is not a trademark (yet). They can apply for trademark for 2012, but for london dont think its possible.

Olympic domain names? What do you think of:

OLYMPICSITE2012.COM

I am putting it up for sale in the "Sell Domain" section. See you there!

"OLYMPIC" is a trademark...???? AMAZING!!!

:whistle:
Yes

See:

Quote:The Amateur Sports Act, 36 U.S.C. 380, gives the International Olympic Committee the exclusive right to prevent any person from using the following items for the purpose of trade, to induce the sale of any goods or services, or to promote any theatrical exhibition, athletic performance, or competition: [INDENT] The symbol of the IOC consisting of five interlocking rings

The emblem of the corporation

Any trademark, trade name, sign, symbol, or insignia falsely representing association with, or authorization by, the IOC

The words Olympic, Olympiad, Citius Altius Fortius, or any combination or simulation thereof tending to cause confusion, to cause mistake, to deceive, or to falsely suggest a connection with the corporation of any Olympic activity. [/INDENT]

More here: http://www.acluutah.org/olympictrademark.htm
The OLYMPIC word has indeed been trademarked! But for all practical purposes, I would nor hesitate a minute to use it for the duration of the Olympics which is so short anyway.

Do you think the Olympic Commitee would have the time (over a period of only a few short months) to initiate a complaint and have the WIPO to order the transfer of such domain in their favor??

:whistle:
Hello Investica,
I just wanted to say that after researching WIPO, their process from request to decision are amazingly fast.

I have a link to WIPO news here:
Captain Dave's Superb Domains - Free Domain Information

OK YES! OLYMPIC is trademarked and so be it!

But thousands and thousands domains were registred before OLYMPIC became a trademark. RIGHT? And thousands more after the trademark was registered. And thousands more will be registered in 2012.

And millions OLYMPIC domains names will be on the web in 2012.

My point is this: the WIPO will never be able to resolve more THAN 5/8/10 OLYMPIC domains to be transfered PER MONTH. LOL!

LOL!

My Olympicsite.com has 99.99999999% chance to survive in 2012.

Want to buy it?
$1
directittome@gmail.com
investica2008 Wrote:My point is this: the WIPO will never be able to resolve more THAN 5/8/10 OLYMPIC domains to be transfered PER MONTH. LOL!
Not everyone gets caught for speeding. But those that do tend to regret it.

But...I guess you can afford to lose if the Olympic Committee decides to file a dispute. Nothing to complain about if that happens, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Secure My Domain Name ? manoharparakh 0 180 02-02-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  domain lawyer DNSBroker 13 11,019 04-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Laxmi123
  How do i sell this valuable domain? fourwings 34 17,386 01-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sobhana123
  The domain register tips and steps-Shanghai IDC Co., Ltd WebGuru8 11 9,052 01-11-2018, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Sobhana123
  Why register a domain Williamhawk 0 1,657 12-15-2017, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Domain Hosting and Mail Different Server Williamhawk 0 1,805 12-12-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Spammers Abusing Domain Parking Service Security Hole chenmeixin5678 0 2,780 10-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Last Post: chenmeixin5678
  Problems registering .US domain names fleahol 26 14,471 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Last Post: user123
  New NY Bill Involving Domain Names Dave Zan 6 6,142 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Ardoris
  Same domain name kokotai 12 9,220 11-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Last Post: wondering