Parked Domain Redirected?
I am sure this is not a logical thing to do. There are certainly much more simplier ways to forward a domain. But is it possible to redirect a parked domain? For example, parked domain redirects to addon domain? Just curious....Big Grin
You can redirect a parked domain whereever you want it to go.

Just set it to your site, and then set up your server to redirect it to your other site.

I do this with a few sites.
Thanks for the answer. However, I believe it is more difficult with the following example:

Let's say, you have a domain, ABC.com which is registered at GoDaddy.com and have it parked at another hosting companying, XYZ Hosting. Therefore, ABC.com will be forwarded to the primary domain(DEF.com) on the XYZ account.

So you decide to use a third domain, GHI.com as an addon domain to DEF.com; you create its own web content. Is it possible for ABC.com to be redirected to GHI.com? There are no simple "type and click a button" option available the hosting company.
Can this be accomplished?

How about with a .htaccess file?
sunnybeachcal Wrote:Thanks for the answer. However, I believe it is more difficult with the following example:

Let's say, you have a domain, ABC.com which is registered at GoDaddy.com and have it parked at another hosting companying, XYZ Hosting. Therefore, ABC.com will be forwarded to the primary domain(DEF.com) on the XYZ account.

So you decide to use a third domain, GHI.com as an addon domain to DEF.com; you create its own web content. Is it possible for ABC.com to be redirected to GHI.com? There are no simple "type and click a button" option available the hosting company.
Can this be accomplished?

How about with a .htaccess file?

Well if you had cpanel it would be very easy, as you can just do a add-on domain redirect.

An add-on domain is actually just a sub-domain for all intents and purposes, so redirecting via HTaccess with Mod_Rewrite would work fine.
Unfortunately, this is a parked domain, there are no options available for redirection via the cPanel. But you're correct about editing the .htaccess file, I could add the following:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^parkeddomain.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^http://www.parkeddomain.com $
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.addondomain.com / [R=301,L]

I had just added the parked domain to my account and still waiting for it to propagate. I'll test the code then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Domain Privacy Protection is Necessary? hostitsmart 0 376 06-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: hostitsmart
  full domain blocking JesseVoss 0 1,809 05-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  How much will a domain cost? Williamhawk 3 2,616 05-17-2018, 04:19 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  What factors will determine the domain price? sinelogixtech 0 1,512 05-16-2018, 05:03 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  DOMAIN DEVELOPMENT Williamhawk 1 2,292 03-09-2018, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Laxmi123
  Is the Indian Domain business about to explode Williamhawk 1 1,941 01-20-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  How to assign port number to a domain name Williamhawk 1 2,196 01-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  Modify domain name information Williamhawk 0 1,690 12-29-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  What is domain name papia 24 13,444 12-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Sobhana123
  SP2013 app domain configuration in development environment Williamhawk 0 1,697 12-27-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk